G4+ Fury Set Up and Base ??'s

David Frechette

A little about my set up.  G4+ Fury Stand Alone, EJ25 closed deck, 8.5:1 compression,MY 06 STI Heads, AVCS Inlet only, Stage 2 Crower Cams, closed loop system, 83lb injectors, E85 Ethanol, Hurrican Benita Turbo with boost control.  

Want to confirm the following:  In the Engine Configuration Tab under the Help Menu for the Subaru G4+ Extreme Plug-In WRX/STI V10 EJ25 AVCS Specs it shows the configuration of the Trig2-LH Inlet Optical sensor and D1-RH Inlet Optical sensor.  The reason for my question is that the EJ20 with AVCS variable inlet cams has both optical cam angle sensors wiring to D1 and D2.  Confirm that wiring the LH inlet CAS to Trig 2 and RH inlet CAS to D1 is correct for my application.  

Can I use Aux Output 6 as a high side drive 12V source for the injectors? Im thinking this should come from fused source off the fuse block?  Was wired direct into G1V5 12V source to ECU.

Can I use Aux Output 7 as a high side drive 12V source to the AVCS solenoids as long as they are 7 ohms or more in resistance a draw not more than 2A?  

Can I use AUX Output 8 as a high side drive 12V source to the Optical Hall CAS? .

If yes to any of the above what function should be used.  If no please advise where to obtain source voltage.  

Also would the base set for the WRX/STI V10 be a good staring point for ECU settings, fuel and ignition map just to get a starting point with minimal tweak on configuration of settings etc.?    

Engine Config.JPG

In the CAL Tables I am not seeing an AFR undeUnit selection.  

CAL Table Units.JPG

Never mind, I figured it out.  

early ej20 avcs motors had the 2 hall sensors reading off the back for vvt control and the standard vr sensor reading off the back of the cam.

In that situation, you would wire the vr to trig 2 and the 2 halls to DIs

I understand now.  Early Ej20 did have a reluctor sensor along with the hall's for cam angle sensors.  

Can I use Aux Output 6 as a high side drive 12V source for the injectors? Im thinking this should come from fused source off the fuse block?  Was wired direct into G1V5 12V source to ECU.

Can I use Aux Output 7 as a high side drive 12V source to the AVCS solenoids as long as they are 7 ohms or more in resistance a draw not more than 2A?  

Can I use AUX Output 8 as a high side drive 12V source to the Optical Hall CAS? .

If yes to any of the above what function should be used.  If no please advise where to obtain source voltage.  

This would certainly not be a good idea.  For the Hall CAS you can use the 8V out.  For the others these should be wired to the main relay, the same source as the ECU.  This is so the ECU can measure injector supply voltage and compensate properly.  These must switch off with the ignition switch. 

NUeLiYE.png

Ok, so I got the injector power and sensor power (8V) sorted out.  on the 4/18 post I referenced the engine set up information I used.  If TRIG 1 is my crank position sensor (2 wire reluctor) and TRIG 2 (3 wire HALL)  is the inlet LH cam position sensor and D1 (3 wire HALL) is the RH inlet cam position sensor I am now tripping up on this wiring diagram (3Wire CAS)  since it is different than the (HALL Diagram).  Currently I have it wired both cam position sensors 8V to the red, TRIG2 or D1 to the WHITE (signal) and BLK to sensor ground GREEN.   Is this correct or should the TRIG2- LH inlet cam position sensor be wired as shown in the attachment (3Wire CAS) and which wiring method should be used for the RH Inlet cam position sensor?   

3Wire CAS.JPG

HALL Diagram.JPG