Audi TT+ Fault code help

gordie_

Hey guys - new to the forum. 

I have a Link G4+ plug in ECU in my S3. I'm having issues when the car gets up to temp or sitting at the lights, it goes into limp mode and cuts off my throttle body.

These fault codes come up

ECU Fault code 84: Aux9/10 E-Throttle 1 IC Over-temp
ECU Fault code 73: Aux9/10 Supply error 

We have swapped over the throttle body 3 times but the same problem keep returning.

Has anyone got any idea what it could be? Maybe a fault in the actual ECU?

Any info would be great!

Thanks
G

Hi Gordie,

I have a little more info for you.  The error 84 is generally caused by the throttle motor pulling too much current.  The error 73 is just a consequence of the E-throttle system being shut down by the safeties.

So the usual causes of excess current and error 84:

1. Aftermarket Throttle body?
  2. Max and Min DC clamp values too high/low.
  3. Target table set up wrong so that the throttle is always targeting a lower TP than it can achieve (due to throttle stop screw etc). 

Point 1 you can answer.  Point 3 I can answer if you give me a log of it idling and a copy of your map.  Point 2 might need some trial and error.

Thanks for that Adam!

1. Its a Audi S4 2.7TT throttle body, which is a direct replacement from the stock one. Same plug, they only difference is that its 70mm a appose to 60mm. 

The problem is intermediate, sometimes when I clear the codes it wont come back for a while, but sometimes I can even get the car out the driveway without going into limp mode.  

1. Its a Audi S4 2.7TT throttle body, which is a direct replacement from the stock one. Same plug, they only difference is that its 70mm a appose to 60mm. 

Have you confirmed that it does actually draw the same current as the original?  After changing, did you set up the target table so that it can actually reach target when its idle etc?

• 5 weeks later...

Have you confirmed that it does actually draw the same current as the original?  After changing, did you set up the target table so that it can actually reach target when its idle etc?

The problem went away for a month, and now its back after going for a random drive! I tried clearing the fault 10 times but it kept coming back instantly.

The S4 throttle body draws the same current as the stock one.

Could there be a issue in the ECU driver. Whats your email? I'll send you a copy of the map.

Thanks!
G