2gr-fe vvt setup

Gctech

Turn off DI1 altogether.  Your Inlet LH position should come from trig 2 when using engine.  If you still get errors, go through the "cam angle test" procedure to verify the offsets are correct.

Turn off DI1 altogether.  Your Inlet LH position should come from trig 2 when using engine.  If you still get errors, go through the "cam angle test" procedure to verify the offsets are correct.

Hello , thanks for the response, 

I when ahead and turn it off D1 ,but im still getting cam signal error , I check power ground at the sensor and all check in good, I attached a screen shot of the error

thanks 

link Cam error.png

Edited by Gctech

Ok I got the cam pulse error solved, the trigger 2 vvt was wrong , is not what is in the Help files.

The only issue left is that im not getting signal in the other three cams D2,D3 and D4 , these as well as D1 share the same 5v signal and shield ground.

Hi The 2GR cam sensors require a external pullup as the internal one is too stiff.

See in the PC link tuning software help file

Navigation:  Wiring Information > Input Signal Wiring > Trigger Inputs > Specific Trigger Applications >

Toyota 2GR-FE Cam

Hello Simon

yes as indicated by the wirg 2.2k pull up i added those when I first wired the ecu

With those fitted make sure the internal pullup is turned off in the Di settings

That certainly dis the trick to get a signal, now I think my offsets are off in d2 d3 and d4.

What is the procedure to properly setup the offsets? 

IMG_0598.PNG

Cam Angle Test

The Cam Angle Test is a function designed to assist with diagnostics of VVT control position signals.  It can be used to determine the correct Offset value for a VVT Control Digital Input and assists with technical support inquiries.

The purpose of the Cam Angle Test function is to display the position in crankshaft degrees ATDC where each position pulse occurs. Cam angle test information can be found in the F12 runtime data menu.

Using Cam Angle Test

To activate the Cam Angle Test Function, perform the following steps:

1.Ensure a Cam Position Digital Input has been wired and configured.
2.Select the appropriate VVT Control Channel in the Cam Angle Test list.
3.Select the Test Pulse Count.  This is the number of teeth on the cam trigger wheel (you can adjust this later if the number of teeth is unknown).
4.Observe the cam teeth positions by looking at the parameter Cam Angle #X on the VVT tab of the Runtime Values window (F12 Key).
5.Run the engine above the VVT RPM Lockout and ECT Lockout values.
6.The position at which each cam pulse occurs will be displayed.

If the positions appear to be changing erratically, then the wrong Test Pulse Count may be selected.  Either adjust Test Pulse Count until the values become stable or disassemble the motor and count the teeth on the cam.

After the values have stabilised, the lowest Cam Angle #X angle avlue above 0.0 is the value that should be used for that VVT Control channels Offset value.  The cam will be in its relaxed position (ie not controlled) while the Cam Angle Test function is turned on.

I follow the cam test steps to get the offsets is way better but i can not get rid of the "extra pulses" error why does this happens ? where the extra pulses are coming from? also why D4 ehx rh solenoid is at 100% , im a bit lost I have triple check my wiring and is good.

I attached the new File revision and a log 

thanks

vvt screen shot.png

Base map mk3 mr2 2gr v1.pclr

vvt errors log.llg

Edited by Gctech

I'll try your map on the simulator when I get to work later, but the first thing I notice in your screen shot above is you still have DI1 assigned to cam position.  This should be turned off.  LH Inlet cam position comes from the trig 2 input in this engine so there should be no DI assigned to the same function.  That also means there should be nothing wired to DI1.

Can you do a triggerscope also.  Save it as a log file and attach it here.

I'll try your map on the simulator when I get to work later, but the first thing I notice in your screen shot above is you still have DI1 assigned to cam position.  This should be turned off.  LH Inlet cam position comes from the trig 2 input in this engine so there should be no DI assigned to the same function.  That also means there should be nothing wired to DI1.

Can you do a triggerscope also.  Save it as a log file and attach it here.

I attached a tiggerscope  also the revised map disconnecting LH cam from D1 and leaving it only in Tigger 2 still experiencing same issues.

Thanks for the help

Trigger Scope Log 2017-05-15 5;00;25 pm.llg

vvt errors log 2.llg

Base map mk3 v3.pclr

Hi Gctech,

I think we might have something wrong with the code in this trigger mode as I get the same error as you do on Inlet L/H when I run this on the simulator.

I found if I changed trigger 2 edge to falling I could get it to run correctly without errors.  You will have to do the cam angle test again to get the correct offset.  Usually from the cam angle test the smallest angle number will be the correct offset but you may have to try the other numbers as well - only one of the 3 offset will work well.  For me it was the smallest number that worked correctly (others will give jumpy cam position).  My triggerscope looks very similar to yours and my trigger 2 offset was about 48°.

I will get the Engineering team to take a closer look at this trigger mode to see why it gives errors when set up as it was designed to be, but for now I see no problem with changing Trig 2 edge to falling.

Hi Gctech,

I think we might have something wrong with the code in this trigger mode as I get the same error as you do on Inlet L/H when I run this on the simulator.

I found if I changed trigger 2 edge to falling I could get it to run correctly without errors.  You will have to do the cam angle test again to get the correct offset.  Usually from the cam angle test the smallest angle number will be the correct offset but you may have to try the other numbers as well - only one of the 3 offset will work well.  For me it was the smallest number that worked correctly (others will give jumpy cam position).  My triggerscope looks very similar to yours and my trigger 2 offset was about 48°.

I will get the Engineering team to take a closer look at this trigger mode to see why it gives errors when set up as it was designed to be, but for now I see no problem with changing Trig 2 edge to falling.

Hello Adamw

I tried the new settings and it definitely got rid of the cam errors, but the exhaust cam solenoids still not responding, I try different offsets based on the CamTest options with out luck.

thanks

Base map mk3 v3.pclr

vvt error exhaust cams solenoid.llg

vvt screen shot 2.png

It looks to me like the ecu is commanding the correct outputs now and the positions seem to be realistic so it almost seems like you have a mechanical or wiring issue.  With ignition on, engine off, can you try putting aux 3&4 into test pwm mode and check if solenoids are clicking?

It looks to me like the ecu is commanding the correct outputs now and the positions seem to be realistic so it almost seems like you have a mechanical or wiring issue.  With ignition on, engine off, can you try putting aux 3&4 into test pwm mode and check if solenoids are clicking?

Hello Adamw

Everything is now working correct , the exhaust cams pins were inverted aux 3-4 backwards , I switch them and now cam solenoids are responding correctly.

Thanks for all the help!!