So this is my mustang

Guest |508|

Hello everyone my name is Lucas and I am new to the Vipec product. My first experience with the standalone ECU's with with the Autronic SM4 when I was electronics lead of my university Formula SAE team. I had a 5.0L mustang that I had dreams of building a monster street car. Although not complete yet it is getting close. I will be firing my engine this week I hope, and then continue finishing the plumbing and interior. I have a few pictures of the project so far. I am looking forward to becoming a regular of this forum. Cheers.

This was a 351w I pulled from an old F150 back in about 2002. I was only 17 so my plan was to slap a carb and put it in my mustang. After a bad compression test I decided to do a simple rebuild.

1-1.jpg

The result after saving my pennies through university and completing the build in my living room is the following pic. I owe my local engine shop for giving me a good deal on machining and I would like to also thank my exgirlfriend for dumping me or I would have not completed the build. A few notes on this build are the following: stroker crank (408ci 6.7L) forged scat, h beam eagle rods 6.25", probe forged pistons 4.030", ported victor jr. aluminum heads (295cfm flow tested), super victor efi intake, accel 1250cfm throttle body, custom hydralic roller cam and roller rockers, a1000 aeromotive fuel system, ls1 coil packs with custom mount, msd camsync oil plug, msd crank trigger, fonza aluminum flywheel, lakewood bellhousing. A good portion of my time and student loan went into this thing.

7-2.jpg

A picture of my mustang stripped down. I was a bit nervous at this point because this was my first major build on my own. Previous experience was with the formula team.

13a.jpg

I replaced the front suspension with a maximum motorsports kit which included their tubular kmember, a arms, and strut mounts. I also wanted to save as much weight as possible so I opted for a flaming river manual steering rack.

14d.jpg

I put a big brake kit on from baer which I had previously installed on the car. I did do a coil over conversion in the front and rear. koni shocks all around. Not in the pictures I also did the TKO 600 transmission, aluminum driveshaft, detrioit truetrac differential, 31spline rear axles.

27-1.jpg

I did a custom rollcage. This was not completed because I added reinforcement to the top of my main rollhoop. I also welded in subframe connectors.

46.jpg

The next two pics are of the custom dash we did. It turned out real nice. It looks nicer now. The car was quite dirty when the pics were taken.

68.jpg

69-1.jpg

This is the engine in with my beefy cross brace. The wiring wasn't 100% yet but very close. The entire wire harness to the engine bay was in a 1" harness. I was quite happy with it. I did the whole schematic on AutoCAD to ensure I could be as efficient as possible.

72.jpg

A step back to see what the car was turning into. A street monster.

74-1.jpg

This pic shows the engine bay almost 100%. An alternator wire, connect throttle, and brake booster line and I can close the hood.

DSCF2205.jpg

The car has been quite an experience. My goal was to have a real old school look but have some cool technology. Inside I am building a small computer to turn on that will be in my dash to feed a small 7" touch screen. I thought it could be need to have some information displayed from my ecu while driving and having the ability to have a headphone jack for music when I want. the car is almost to its completed weight and it has a weight distribution of 51% front and 49% rear with a total weight of 2895 lbs from the stock 59%front 41%rear 3685 lbs.

Cheers

:D

I went with the V44 which fit my budget at the time. I wish I had more input/output room, I did not have enough room to do what I wanted but it is livable. This car is actually a street car first. The cage I put in was originally just to make it a very stiff chassis (this chassis of the mustang was practically a fifth spring) but I am adding two bars to the roll hoop to pass ihra and nhra tech inspections. So in the end my plan is to have a car that I can cruise on the weekends and hit the track when an event rolls through town. I wouldn't mind going to some car shows and such. It will be fast enough at the strip but throughout the build I had the goal of being able to handle an autocross or road race event.