RPM limit issue

Gctech

Hello 

I got this random issue with the rpm Limit which is set to cut at 7500 in the main RPM limit table, when I first do a run it works as it should then I get a ecu RPM LIMIT REACHED error , i reset the error do a second pass and my rpm limit drops to 7000 , again remove the error try again and on the 3rd run it drops even further to 6500.

what can be causing this? im guess is something to do with the error as if I turn the car off and on i can hit commanded rev limit, I attached main File and 3 logs 

thanks

Base map mk4.pclr

3rd gear full run 2.llg

3rd gear full run 3 early rpm cut.llg

3rd gear full run 4 early rpm cut 6500.llg

Definately caused by trigger error but looking at your earlier trigger scope it is pretty clean so I'm not too sure what the reason is.

I dont think arming threshold is going to help much in this case but Brad's suggestion is still valid - you might as well set that as high as possible to eliminate any noise potential.  Set like this:

pIMc3xM.png

My next suggestion is to turn cam control off and do a pull to redline to see if that changes anything.

The only other idea I have is in your triggerscope posted earlier the trig 2 waveform is getting quite "rounded off"  I would like to see if turning on trig 2 pull up resistor helps this (i know our help says it should be off for this engine).  Assuming the engine does still run with the pull up turned on - Can you do two new triggerscopes at say 3000RPM, one with trig 2 pullup on, one with pull up off.  Save them as log files and post them here.

Definately caused by trigger error but looking at your earlier trigger scope it is pretty clean so I'm not too sure what the reason is.

I dont think arming threshold is going to help much in this case but Brad's suggestion is still valid - you might as well set that as high as possible to eliminate any noise potential.  Set like this:

pIMc3xM.png

My next suggestion is to turn cam control off and do a pull to redline to see if that changes anything.

The only other idea I have is in your triggerscope posted earlier the trig 2 waveform is getting quite "rounded off"  I would like to see if turning on trig 2 pull up resistor helps this (i know our help says it should be off for this engine).  Assuming the engine does still run with the pull up turned on - Can you do two new triggerscopes at say 3000RPM, one with trig 2 pullup on, one with pull up off.  Save them as log files and post them here.Ii increased the trigger arming threshold to 6.5 and that seem to do the trick, I added the triggerscope logs requested tho

I increased the trigger threshold to 6.5 and that seem to do the trick I didnt get any trigger 1 errors anymore, I did the tigger 2 pullup triggerscope you requested

thanks

3000RPM PULLUP OFF.llg

3000RPM PULLUP ON.llg