Dodge SRT10 - injector wiring and trigger setup

George GEP

Hello

i'm about to wire Link Xtreme to  V10 SRT10  so im interested in how to pair injectors correct way and how to setup trigger it is viper 8.3 engine

i thought about following wiring scheme

Injector 1 to Injectors 1&10
Injector 2 to Injectors 5&8
Injector 3 to Injectors 9&4
Injector 4 to Injectors 7&2
Injector 5 to Injectors 3&6

please support

thanks in advance

Semi-Sequential Injection

Semi sequential fires injectors in groups of two.  It allows injection timing control and minimises the time available for fuel to condense on the port walls.  This mode requires sufficient triggering to determine engine position in the 720 degree engine cycle.  In this mode, ideally injectors are wired in pairs according to the firing order with the pairs wired to the injector driver that corresponds to the lowest numbered cylinder in the pair.  However, with some firing orders this is not possible.  In cases where that rule is not possible the idea is to group injectors in such a way that the time for fuel to sit in the port is minimised.  Select Sequential Injection Mode when using this wiring configuration.  Note that unused injection drives will not be available for other use and will still be firing according to their position in the firing order.

Examples:

·6 Cylinder, firing order 1 5 3 6 2 4.  Works nicely as per rule.  Fuel sits in port for 120 degrees longer on the higher numbered cylinder in the pair than the other.
·Injector drive 1 is wired to injectors for cylinders 1 and 5.
·Injector drive 2 is wired to injectors for cylinders 2 and 4.
·Injector drive 3 is wired to injectors for cylinders 3 and 6.
·8 Cylinder, firing order 1 8 4 3 6 5 7 2.  Does not follow rule due to firing order.  Pairs as per OEM Toyota 1UZFE wiring.
·Injector drive 1 is wired to injectors for cylinders 1 and 7.
·Injector drive 2 is wired to injectors for cylinders 2 and 8.
·Injector drive 3 is wired to injectors for cylinders 3 and 5.
·Injector drive 4 is wired to injectors for cylinders 4 and 6.
·10 Cylinder firing order 1 10 9 4 3 6 5 8 7 2.  Follows rule but note that the order of the high and low cylinder in each pair changes.  eg in the 1-10 pair, cylinder 10 gets its fuel 72 degrees before deal.  In the 9-4 pair, cylinder 9 gets its fuel 72 degrees after ideal.
·Injector drive 1 is wired to injectors for cylinders 1 and 10.
·Injector drive 2 is wired to injectors for cylinders 2 and 7.
·Injector drive 3 is wired to injectors for cylinders 3 and 6.
·Injector drive 4 is wired to injectors for cylinders 4 and 9.
·Injector drive 5 is wired to injectors for cylinders 5 and 8.

If you dont mind me jumping in on this . Can you explain why the injector pairs are not wired to suit the firing order . In the example for the v10 - the 4th injector to fire feeds the 3rd and 4th cylinders in the firing order . This never made any sense to me . If they follow the firing order at least 5 out of 10 can be timed to receive fuel perfectly the other 5 of each pair receive fuel 72 degrees behind the lead injector . What is the logic behind the example given please . ?

• 3 months later...

i was checking with timing light and turning motor with starter motor... it was acting really strange.. on 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 degree offset changes there was no affect on timing by checking with timing light on engine and pulley.

i made custom marks on both sides to check what timing looks like and where it goes... but it works really strange

also when i change offset link says that value is out of range and if i want to clear tables or no.. no matter i click yes or no  firing order 2 and 3 cylinders are setting to 0   

why is that happening?  it does not matter i will write negative value in offset or positive... still says value is out of range and is asking if u want to zero tables..

any ideas?

On the bench I notice that the firmware is a version or two old so first step will bring it up to 5.6.5.3389

Also you will need to turn on and enter the firing events into the custom TDC table.

Also check the PC link is version 5.6.5.3338

Yes the custom TDC tells the ECU the firing points for each cylinder.

Note: When running an engine that has regularly spaced TDC points, the Custom TDC Points adjustment should be set to OFF. The majority of engines have regularly spaced TDC points.

Custom TDC points are used when an engine does not fire at regular intervals such as an odd fire engine.  Setting the Custom TDC Points option to On will display the TDC Points Table.  The numbers entered in the TDC Points Table correspond to the engine positions of consecutive TDC occurrences.  On a four stroke engine these will range from 0 to 720 degrees, whereas a two stroke engine will range from 0 to 360 degrees.

Note:  The entries in this table are in the order of the firing order.  So, the first entry is the first cylinder in the firing order, the second entry is the second in the firing order etc...Example: Custom TDC Points for an odd fire six cylinder may look like this:

• 8 months later...
On 9/6/2017 at 12:35 AM, Simon said:

On the bench I notice that the firmware is a version or two old so first step will bring it up to 5.6.5.3389

Also you will need to turn on and enter the firing events into the custom TDC table.

Also check the PC link is version 5.6.5.3338

Hi Simon,

I had the same problem one year ago.

I was testing a Xtreme ECU with the Viper V10 8.3 2003, with the 5.6.4.3240 firmware version (the lastest available in the moment), and had the same problem, 2 cylinders turned off (went to 0 in the firing order) when cranking inmediately went to 0. Never found a solution.

With the new firmware, is 100% sure that the problem disapear? I would like to install again the ECU but I have to confirm that will work.

Thanks

• 2 years later...
12 hours ago, Bebelracing said:

any update about this topic? i have an issue about the timing. can't set it with the timing light.to have a Matching number i should run an offset close to 0. how can the ECU can make the advance?

Sorry, I dont understand your question.  Can you try to explain in more detail what problem you have?

• 4 weeks later...

With most of the OEM trigger modes, provided we were given all of the correct information, we will design the trigger mode so that the offset is near 0.  This just makes it easier for a new user to to get their engine running.

The offset is just the angle from whatever reference point on the trigger wheel we choose to TDC.  So an offset of zero just means the reference point on the trigger wheel passes the sensor exactly at TDC.  The reference tooth doesnot need to be before the spark event, the ECU is smart enough to keep track of crank position for the whole cycle.