Supra jza80 and Link thunder questions

Cozcorners

Hi, just got my thunder and have a couple questions if you dont mind.

Its a thunder with wire in , i had a haltech previously with plug n play harness so basically just copied which wires went where and did the same with the link with the exception of just directly wiring it in this time.

Its a non vvti 2jzgte with big single, 1250cc injectors and running on e85 all the time.

1). Im assuming im ok to download the supra plug n play base map and use that as my starting point? Provided i go through the inputs/outputs and change the allocations that came with the base map to where i put my inputs/outputs? Is there anything else i should be aware of?

2). Being that im running e85 and 3x times the amount injectors, how would i setup the extra fuel percentage that i require? Anyone know to what scale i should set to roughly for a start?(assuming this is in the master fuel where i need to add the extra fuel across the whole board).

3). When i turn the ignition to on, the fuel pump starts priming but never stops!!! Im using one of the aux channels to trigger the pump through a relay and ive found the pump control setting where ive told it to prime for 4seconds, however it doesnt stop after those 4 seconds. Ive also allocated that aux channel for fuel pump. Is there something simple im missing on setting this up? 

4). I noticed a code coming up, and says something along the line of " an volt12 high error", but i have nothing connected to that an12 channel! So im a little confused why id get that code?

I havent tried starting it yet as id like to know a few of these things first and make sure i set the ecu right first before attempting to.

Thank you in advance for any information and helpfull answers given. 

Danny

Thank you for the quick reply Brad.

3). I should of mentioned the stock supra fuel pump ecu speed/voltage controler has been bypassed before when the haltech was put in.

It is also the same output wire that was previously run for the haltech.

I will double check my relay wiring today just in case.

Thanks.

Edited by Cozcorners
Update

Ok should work then - assuming your FP relay is expecting a ground signal to switch it on.  

Have you tried setting the Aux to "Test (On) mode?  You can also set up a digital gauge or view the runtimes screen to make it easier to see what state Aux 18 is in like so: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiYbYlZQuRHPjDytZYLmVxZe_Shh

It looks to me like Aux 18 is only capable of low side drive (will only send out a Ground) so that wont work with your wiring (the help file suggests it should be capable of highside but I think that comment is wrong at least with the present firmware).  If you can move it to Aux 5-8 they are capable of High side drive so will then work with out re-wiring.

If you want to stick with using Aux 18 then you will need ignition switched +12V supplied to pin 86.

Ok, i just swapped relay pin 86 with +12v ign (instead of earth as per original), and im still pumping fuel constantly...

I didnt want to use aux 5-8 as thats where my isc stepper motors are, and manual says to connect them in those channels

Edit: i also just tried aux4 on plug A just in case theres something wrong with plug D, and problem still there!

Edited by Cozcorners

Should i be using any of these wires highlighted in red?, to my link thunder ecu?, even tho my oem fuel pump ecu is bypassed.

As i only used ign +12v to my thunder ecu and thought it would use that to control my aux18 out for pump control and everything else etc

Screenshot_20170617-110710.png

20170617_111442.png

So now my relay is setup like this, do i have this correct now?

Yes that would be correct.  

Should i be using any of these wires highlighted in red?, to my link thunder ecu?, even tho my oem fuel pump ecu is bypassed.

You shouldnt need any of those.

Ok thanks to all that helped... ive figured the fuel pump issue out.

I tested the aux output with a multimeter and it constantly had live earth, then when i disconnected the wire that goes to my aux channel/plug, it still have live earth!!!

Traced the wire and found there was another wire piggy backed to it that was hidden under the interior! Which was connected to another relay so that was giving it constant earth so even tho the ecu was switching it off, it couldnt as it was picking up earth from the piggy back wire haha.

What a day lol.

Thats sorted now but im sure ill have plenty more questions in the coming days as i set it up :)

Thanks again guys, great bunch and help in here.