First time installtion

PeteR34

Hi,
New user and now doing a first installtion on my R34 GTR and got a qouple of questions.

Reading the manual + PC Link Help and under known issues:

Back feeding on R34:
When I read power supply do you mean the wire that goes and activates the relay spool? 

A/C condition input (Di4)
How do I identify if my GTR needs to have this done?

Installing a "boost switch" to activate a "Hi-boost" map
I have installed exp. harness and thinking of using DI5 and run this over to the switch.  The other side I'm going to run to ground.
In the software I will set DI5 with low-side and using a pull-up resistor.  (Will I need to set a value on the resistor or is this standard?)
I'm I going in the right direction? :)

Thanks for any help! :)

Best regards,
Pete

Back feeding on R34:
When I read power supply do you mean the wire that goes and activates the relay spool? 

On the stock R34 the AC relay is supplied constant 12V (both the coil and the main contact), this needs to be changed so that at least the coil only has 12V when ignition switch is on.  It is common to take this switched 12V source from the Injectors power supply.  Diagrams below:

Stock:

1T4RkVd.png

Modified:

9gbQiEx.png

A/C condition input (Di4)
How do I identify if my GTR needs to have this done?

Turn on AC switch.  If AC doesnt work you need to change it...

Installing a "boost switch" to activate a "Hi-boost" map
I have installed exp. harness and thinking of using DI5 and run this over to the switch.  The other side I'm going to run to ground.
In the software I will set DI5 with low-side and using a pull-up resistor.  (Will I need to set a value on the resistor or is this standard?)
I'm I going in the right direction? :)

Yes, this is perfect.  You dont need to "set the resistor value" the only option is to turn pull-up on of off - it needs to be on for your wiring choice. 

Edited by Adamw
wrong picture attached

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply but have been busy with the install.  Used you directions and we are getting somewhere. :)

Another question about stock boost sensor (not solenoid, but sensor)

I'm installing a new boost solnoid so that I can use the built-in boost controller in the Link G4+ and I think I'm getting there.
However, I abit unsure how to solve the stock boost sensor that is mounted behind the intake plenum.  I think this only goes to the ECU to get the boost level displayed on the MFD.

My question is "Are the OEM boost sensor now obselete and can be totally removed? Will the build in MAP take over this job?"
I have no problem leaving the OEM  boost sensor but if not I have the chance to remove while I'm doing the work. :)

Thanks! :)