DBW Tractioncontroll

Skeeed3r

Hello everybody :)

did anybody run a Traction Control Setup with Dirve by Wire ?
Idea is to make a Traction Control over the throttle body (traction lost reduce the opening level from the throttle), this should be possible with a table %Slip and throttle target.

Know my problem is to do this for every gear separately.

Anyone have a idea ?

Thanks 
Regards 

I looked in the software with the mindset of having a throttle trim table with %slip on the x axis and gear on the y axis.  But there is not a easy way to set that up as there are no throttle trim tables.

You can have a max of 3 ethrottle target tables.  What I would do is set up a couple virtual aux out puts  with regard to slip and gear to activate which throttle table the car runs in.

did anybody run a Traction Control Setup with Dirve by Wire ?
Idea is to make a Traction Control over the throttle body (traction lost reduce the opening level from the throttle), this should be possible with a table %Slip and throttle target.

Note DBW is not a good torque reduction method for traction control - it is just too slow as the throttle needs to move a relatively long way to give a small torque reduction.  For traction control you generally need a very large torque reduction as quickly as possible to arrest the slip. This is the reason Ignition or fuel cut is the common method.  I have seen some higher end control systems that do use DBW as part of the torque reduction strategy but it is rarely the sole TR method.  In these systems they will usually arrest the slip initially using a cut (& sometimes retard) then only if the slip persists for some time they will close the throttle to reduce the amount of cut/retard required for control.