Ethanol sensors with twin fuel lines

Grant Baker

If you have a return style fuel system I would run it on the return line, that way it's not a restriction in the fuel supply. If it's a dead head system I wouldn't think there wouldn't be any difference in  Ethanol % between the 2 lines.

Places like Aeroflow make push lock to dash 6AN male fittings.

Edited by Ducie54
Grammar

Interesting...

Having it in the return seems wrong to me as by then the fuel has been to the rail and back, however, I assume that all fuel in the tank would have "mixed" properly and this isn't an issue.

Probably overthinking it...

Can you get any Ethanol sensors that have AN fittings rather than push on tails?

The EC sensors that we sell have AN6 fittings already fitted.  But you can also buy AN fittings that clip on to the "push on tails" from most of the big hose/fitting suppliers.

Having it in the return seems wrong to me as by then the fuel has been to the rail and back, however, I assume that all fuel in the tank would have "mixed" properly and this isn't an issue.

Probably overthinking it...

It is most common to run these fitted in the return.  I have even seen them on some "big power" systems where they just bypass a small amount of the fuel through them so that it is not a restriction.

Edited by Adamw

I run twin rails into single out reg. Sensor on the return to tank. Have also seen as Adam says above, a bypass setup.

IMO, only 1 sensor is needed. All the fuel comes from the same tank so shouldn't matter where the sensor is, all fuel should be same content. Generally speaking of course. Like if you have a surge tank and you have just filled up with e85 when you last ran 98