S15 Sr20det Base Map

JoshF

Hey every one.

Just a question about the Base maps. PcLink Base maps folder, there is a map for the S15 but it says "Extreme Plugin" after it. Now I have a G4+ Monsoon. Do i still use this base map or do I use the "G4+ Monsoon Sample" Map? I just want to get my Car to idle before I send it to the tuners and also try set it up to idle on the Bigger 740cc Injectors.

Hey every one.

Just a question about the Base maps. PcLink Base maps folder, there is a map for the S15 but it says "Extreme Plugin" after it. Now I have a G4+ Monsoon. Do i still use this base map or do I use the "G4+ Monsoon Sample" Map? I just want to get my Car to idle before I send it to the tuners and also try set it up to idle on the Bigger 740cc Injectors.

I would guess you can use the plugin basemap, but as you have a monsoon which has more I/O and features than an Xtreme, you may not have access to all the power of the monsoon. I would suggest you use the Monsoon Sample map, and import the various tables you need from the Xtreme plug-in S14-S15 basemap... but you would need to verify that the pins used in the basemap match how you've wired in the monsoon, or edit the I/O tables to match your configuration.  Also looking at the S14/S15 basemap, I did not see an output configured to control the VCT solenoid. so you may want to implement that as well.

For my S14 SR20, I used the same basemap as a starting point, and tailored it to suit how I wired in my G4+ Xtreme.  

I highly suggest using Modelled for the Fuel Equation mode over traditional.

It is perfectly fine to load the plugin base map into the Monsoon.  As b3tuning says above you will just have to make sure the inputs and outputs are mapped out to suit your wiring.

I would guess you can use the plugin basemap, but as you have a monsoon which has more I/O and features than an Xtreme, you may not have access to all the power of the monsoon.

It is the opposite in the case - the Monsoon is one of our low cost ECU's with restricted I/O and features.  The Xtreme has much more going on but I cant think of any major functions that arent going to transfer over fine.

It is perfectly fine to load the plugin base map into the Monsoon.  As b3tuning says above you will just have to make sure the inputs and outputs are mapped out to suit your wiring.

It is the opposite in the case - the Monsoon is one of our low cost ECU's with restricted I/O and features.  The Xtreme has much more going on but I cant think of any major functions that arent going to transfer over fine.

Total brainfart... was thinking Thunder for some reason