WIDEBAND

Will

What is the cheapest way to get a wideband sensor going to replace the old O2 sensor with my plugin ECU. I assume this will make tuning easier?  I have a XS loom with only a IAT sensor using 2 wires so can I use that to wire in just a wideband without having to buy a wideband controller and guage ect. Surely I can monitor the wideband readings with PC link on laptop?  Any recomended brands?

Running NA SR20VE in a N15 pulsar. NS15g4 ecu

Hi Will,

You will need a wideband controller.  You do not need one with a gauge however, as you have suggested you can just monitor and/or log in PC Link.

I have used a couple of the 14point7 "spartan2" on low budget installs and found them to be very good value, work well and reliable so far.  Slow to ship from USA but I reckon they are the best of the lowcost options at present:  https://www.14point7.com/products/spartan-lambda-controller-2

• 1 month later...

Thanks Adam any tips on where a good power source is for the sensor (Sparten 2)the instructions say it shouldnt be powered until the car is running.  Also with the wiring which wires on my xs loom do I connect to the controller. Black and green on controller go to sensor ground and An 0-5v input on xs loom? I assume I wont need to connect the brown narrowband simulator wire as I could just turn the old nb oxy off in the ecu settings to avoid check engine lights.

Cheers

Thanks Adam any tips on where a good power source is for the sensor (Sparten 2)the instructions say it shouldnt be powered until the car is running. 

Fuel pump relay will do.

Also with the wiring which wires on my xs loom do I connect to the controller. Black and green on controller go to sensor ground and An 0-5v input on xs loom? I assume I wont need to connect the brown narrowband simulator wire as I could just turn the old nb oxy off in the ecu settings to avoid check engine lights.

All correct here.  Black to sensor ground, green to any ANV.  No NB signal needed.