Bosch MAP Sensor 0281002316

Grant Baker

Hi there,

Has anybody got any calibration and wiring info for this sensor?

Bosch MAP Sensor 0281002316

It's a combined IAT and MAP Sensor.

Thanks!

not a lot of info for this sensor.... but wiring is as follows

Looking at the sensor pins with the bung facing down... the pins are from RIGHT to LEFT

Right most pin is pin 1, left most pin is pin 4

Pin 1 : Sensor Ground

Pin 2 : Temp Signal

Pin 3 : 5v

Pin 4 : Map Signal

I found various calibration details on ballenger motorsports site... they have calibration details for 1, 2.5, 3, 3.5, and 4 bar Tmap Map IAT sensors.... check there under Shop > Sensors > Pressure Sensors.

After selecting your sensor, click on the tab for specifications and there are calibration tables

Edited by b3tuning

• 1 year later...
On 9/4/2017 at 7:54 PM, Adamw said:

That looks to me like it is a Diesel MAP sensor as it only measures down to 50KPa, it wont be much good for a petrol engine.  Its quoted range is 50-400KPa.

Found this thread while researching the same sensor.

Can you please explain why 50-400Kpa is no good for a petrol engine MAP?

I'm looking for a similar one for a supercharged engine that's always positive pressure so should not be under 100Kpa absolute.

I'm confused! 

1 hour ago, ayjayef said:

I'm looking for a similar one for a supercharged engine that's always positive pressure so should not be under 100Kpa absolute.

Are you sure about that?  The engine doesnt have a throttle?  How do you control engine speed?

Diesel engines typically dont have a throttle, the engine speed is just controlled by the amount of fuel injected, that means they never have a vacuum in the manifold.

Petrol engines normally do have a throttle, so when it is closed there will be a vacuum in the manifold, usually less than 50Kpa abs.

Matey, I'm not sure about anything... I've got to open my wallet to check what my name is most days!

I was working off the factory boost gauge that shows MAP in the plenum and it never goes under 100%.  Backing off, the vacuum opens the wastegate  and the plenum is at ambient pressure (I guess).  Once the wastegate is closed (ie: back on the throttle) the boost is always positive (ie: idle is 101% on the factory gauge) so I'm assuming I'm never under 100Kpa

The Link 4 bar sensor is 20Kpa-400Kpa (I think I read that somewhere)?  So is 20Kpa okay but 50Kpa too high?

Andy.

MAP is Manifold Absolute Pressure, so this is pressure in the manifold (after throttle).  Your "boost gauge" most likely either cant read vacuum, or is connected before the throttle. 

1 hour ago, ayjayef said:

The Link 4 bar sensor is 20Kpa-400Kpa (I think I read that somewhere)?  So is 20Kpa okay but 50Kpa too high?

Yes, idle will typically be around 35-45, over-run maybe as low as 20kpa.  So although the sensor we are talking about here doesnt miss out by much, decent idle and economy is still usually an important consideration for most users.