3sgte COP

Toliski

As far as a base calibration, there is one in the "Base Maps" file that is downloaded with the link software.

What needs to be changed, you will have to wire in individual coils and modify the wiring to suit.

The pinout for the ecu is also in the help file in the software.

Edited by Brad Burnett

As far as a base calibration, there is one in the "Base Maps" file that is downloaded with the link software.

What needs to be changed, you will have to wire in individual coils and modify the wiring to suit.

The pinout for the ecu is also in the help file in the software.

Thank you very much!!!

I converted my celica st205 recently its pretty straightforward to do, I made my own loom for the 1zz coils, I did have to offset the timing by 360 degrees to get it to run though 

Hello Adzn3k.
only this change you made for cop or I must to change and other parameters?
I have the stock ign system for now but it start to missfire at high boost! It's time for upgrade!
Do you tune your Link alone? 

I setup and wired my cop conversion then I set it up in the ecu (dwell tines and so on)  got it running and idling then I took the car to be dyno tuned but it wasn't a very good tune and I've been trimming the fuel as it was just too rich 

I setup and wired my cop conversion then I set it up in the ecu (dwell tines and so on)  got it running and idling then I took the car to be dyno tuned but it wasn't a very good tune and I've been trimming the fuel as it was just too rich 

Have you any diagram for wiring or a forum threat, if you follow one?

Look for pinouts on the 1zz coil.

I connected the +12 to the original coil power supply coming out from the fuse box, -ve to a grounding point on the engine block itself, and IGT (trigger) to the appropriate ignition outputs from the ECU according to cylinder number. It's nothing complicated, the ECU settings will handle the rest. The IGF pin on the coil is not used.

Edited by MGV101

Look for pinouts on the 1zz coil.

I connected the +12 to the original coil power supply coming out from the fuse box, -ve to a grounding point on the engine block itself, and IGT (trigger) to the appropriate ignition outputs from the ECU according to cylinder number. It's nothing complicated, the ECU settings will handle the rest. The IGF pin on the coil is not used.

Thank you very much! You are a life saver!!!

Can you send me a map of you to copy just the settings?

I found one before a couple of days but i want to be sure. 

Are you just switching to COP only or have you also replaced the distributor with crank and cam sensors?

If COP only, it should be as simple as switching ignition mode to direct spark and setting the correct dwell time for your coils once everything is wired up correctly.

As mentioned by Adzn3k, you might also need to advance the timing by 360 degrees if the coils are firing on the wrong stroke (you can hear the mixture burning in the exhaust while being ignited on the exhaust stroke).

One more thing to noted. As the G4+ will use ignition drive 1, 2, 3, 4 to control the coils, purge originally assigned to ignition drive 2 will no longer function and you'll need to reassign the function to another output. I don't have a charcoal canister so it doesn't matter to me.

COP.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just COP guys.
Today i try to make the Cop thing.
Well jus finish alla harness and try to put the settings to ECU.
Ignition main changed to direct spark.
base timming advanced by 360 degrees
dwell times changed.

Ignition1 drive is at ignition.
Ignition2 drive is at purge and its Locked

Ignition 3-4 its OFF and Locked

am i making any mistake here?

Cop.pclr

Yes the software is a little confusing here. Once you switch to direct spark it actually sets ign 1 to 4 as ignition output and locks it. Whatever you see in the settings does not matter and will be ignored.

For the peace of mind, you can switch ignition main back to distributor and that will unlock ign 2 to 4 and manually set it as ignition then revert ignition main back to direct spark again. 

48 minutes ago, MGV101 said:

Yes the software is a little confusing here. Once you switch to direct spark it actually sets ign 1 to 4 as ignition output and locks it. Whatever you see in the settings does not matter and will be ignored.

For the peace of mind, you can switch ignition main back to distributor and that will unlock ign 2 to 4 and manually set it as ignition then revert ignition main back to direct spark again. 

ok i try it.

thanks a lot 

Guys i have set my ignition timing with timing light when i was on standard 3s coil. Now i made the COP trick. I unplug my standard coil but i don't move the distributor from it position. I must to check again the timing?

and if yes how I doing this with COP