ross trigger for rb engine

Toona

Hi there,

i have tuning this rb34 with ross trigger setup and sensors

its makes around 735hp 65kg torgue  at 1.4bar but the problem when i reach 6800 rpm the crank signal goes error count more up to 30-40 time in dyno pull.

my question,

why the link ecu filter its not filtering till i filter it max,there were no changes.

what it can cost?only crank sensor it is trigger 2 getting error at high rpm,the cam side looks fine so far.(is it design faulty from ross,i have check today online they have change the design12 tooth to sharp edge)

i have change sensor priority to trigger 1,still same

is this magnectic sensor not good for higher rpm?or link ecu got filtering issue

so anyone any idea how to make work without error.

thank you for your advise

• 1 year later...

Thanks for al the info

i finally manage to solve the second day of my post.them I never online since then.

it was unbalance crank pully cost all this.Spend a lot troubleshooting time to find the issue.

pheonix what does your cam sensor look like? i had an early ross setup with the curved teeth on the balancer and i had the below style of cam trigger circle with slots. they now run the square tooth crank and the cam is a key hole shaped thing. the earlier cam trigger caused issues due to the balance hole causing false triggering. Ross were very good about the whole thing as they were  not the owners back when these were produced but looked after me with replacement parts. I also found the sensors ultra sensitive to gap if you are to close to the pickup it will cause trigger errors at high rpm. I also moved from the honeywell gt101 to the cherry version was recommended by various people although i never had any issues with the honeywell the cherry is supposedly better suited to the application than the honeywell. i attached a pic of the trigger picking up the balance hole for your reference also. 

ross 1.jpg

matt4 problem.jpg

• 8 months later...