Windows tablet multidisplay

turbodailydan

The problem you’ll find is that it will eventually cost you more in connectors and other bits and you’ll have to solve a heap of problems such as standby, powering on etc and customisation.

i made my own CANBUS display thinking it was going to be cheap ended up about $300+ and it still had issues and the plex uSDM 102 is $750 AUD (non pro version)

so stuffing around with a tablet or display is pointless. Have you tried reading data from a tablet at an angle in your car while driving? I bet you can’t even read it based on the angle and display type.

just trying to save you from re-inventing the wheel

paulr33

there is plus and minuses of having tablet, good tablet will give you good results, and plus is you can make your own layout.

But, again... i agree with you, using tablet over dash displays as plex or similar  is re-inventing the wheel.

2 funkyflynz

Question, why do you want tablet instead oem dash?

I still think you’ll find the tablet a half bake setup where to have to press buttons every  time or wake  it up each time or load software. Hope it all goes well but from making my own CAN display to using an as-built one (the plex uSDM) the commercial product is a million times better. Means I can focus more on tuning the car and not troubleshooting display issues 

• 2 months later...
On 4/10/2019 at 12:01 PM, Funkyflynz said:

Oem dash doesnt display the info i want.  Also the car is an LS swap and the oem guages dont work very well 

i did a OEM gauges over can with anduino as middleman, and i add parameters to oem dash, maybe that is solution?