Map Limit or not?

Toliski

Well today as i try to rise my boost i notice that ecu doesnt let me to go further up from 205KPA i have set to off my map limit but i cant find why i cant go for more boost. The ignition table is fine, the fuel table its about to 11 AFR.  And i have external boost control.
With Power fc i have seen more so the car is fine.

Image.jpg

10 hours ago, Adamw said:

We will need a log and map please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P1LRANeO4A&t=5s

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0_6FCzctzJLTURXVHRGdlJINU0 Here is my log.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0_6FCzctzJLTlNGZ0VOVTdVSmc And my map. 

Because i make always changes to my map take that one its my latest.

Looking at the ECU log there are no limits being applied (no ignition or fuel cuts) at all.

I would say there is a issue on the boost control side of things I would be checking all hoses manifold etc looking for any potential air leaks.

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

Looking at the ECU log there are no limits being applied (no ignition or fuel cuts) at all.

I would say there is a issue on the boost control side of things I would be checking all hoses manifold etc looking for any potential air leaks.

No i connect my Power Fc and working good with 260kpa.

So its something from ECU

13 minutes ago, Simon said:

If you see the log file at 205kpa the car struggles, if i push it further it can go for 210-215kpa but it not running right.

my afr is on the low way like 10.5 but i don't think that this is my map problem because it's something like limit so the air it's not stable.

From the ECU there are no cuts / limits being applied. Which means its not holding things back due to limits.

And given its ok on another system that points to a tune issue it could be so rich its starting to misfire.

I would say with the overly rich mixture and overly retarded ignition timing you are probably finding the limit of your single coil/distributor ignition system.  Everything will need to be tuned fairly well for a low energy ignition system to be able to effectively spark at the boost level you are looking for.  The power FC probably just has a better tune in it.

24 minutes ago, Adamw said:

I would say with the overly rich mixture and overly retarded ignition timing you are probably finding the limit of your single coil/distributor ignition system.  Everything will need to be tuned fairly well for a low energy ignition system to be able to effectively spark at the boost level you are looking for.  The power FC probably just has a better tune in it.

I put in every cell the exact same amount of timing with my PFC i think it's straight forward setting at the same value.

15 minutes ago, Ducie54 said:

So your trying to find out why you cant get more than 205 KPA when you have set you boost target to 180 KPA and using closed loop boost control?

He said originally that it had "external boost control" so I assume that means independent of the ECU but maybe that was a bad assumption...  

4 hours ago, Ducie54 said:

So your trying to find out why you cant get more than 205 KPA when you have set you boost target to 180 KPA and using closed loop boost control?

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

He said originally that it had "external boost control" so I assume that means independent of the ECU but maybe that was a bad assumption...  

3 hours ago, Ducie54 said:

Anything is possible Adam :)

as Adamw said it's independent from the ECU.

i try to rise one or two degrees my ignition and see.