Fuel Trim table 4 missing

Tim D

After reading a thread about using the Fuel Trim tables to evaluate the accuracy of fuelling (ie table should contain all zeros if perfect), I tried setting this up.  I successfully added trim tables for cylinders 1 to 3, but couldn't add the 4th table, screenshot attached.  I tried the same process on another 'random' pclr file and this worked as expected.  Bit puzzled, please can you advise? 

Fuel trim 4.bmp

350. Fuel trims added.pclr

Are you talking about monitoring how much the engine is adding or removing fuel to reach lambda target?

If you have closed loop lambda turned on, then you can monitor "CL Lambda Fuel Corr. (%)" 

You dont need to setup tables for this, it's a value you can just look at in a time plot etc. 

You only need to setup those trim tables if you are wanting one cylinder or another to receive more or less fuel than the rest, which doesnt sound like what you're wanting to acheive here.

David, yes that's correct, I was seeking to monitor the fuel correction on my closed loop lambda setup (out of interest and to lean about it!).  Thanks for the tip.  Probably my inexperience, but I had assumed that the fuel trim tables were populated by the ECU as the CLL system made fuelling corrections.

I'm still unsure why I couldn't add the fuel trim table for cylinder 4 though.

13 hours ago, TimmyD said:

I'm still unsure why I couldn't add the fuel trim table for cylinder 4 though.

You are limited to 30 tables in the G4+ ECU's (It is usually quite difficult to use them all up!) , but you have already used up all 30, that's why it wont allow you to add the last. 

When I loaded your map into an ecu here PCLink popped up a warning saying that too many tables were allocated so it should have been clear.  You can see what your tables have been assigned to by viewing the "table allocation" item at the bottom of the ECU settings tree  I will paste a copy of yours below.

You dont really need all individual cylinder trims active unless you have individual lambda probes in each primary to be able to tune individual cylinders.  A Typical install wouldnt use them at all but some tuners might turn on one or two to add a little extra fuel to the hottest cylinder if they know the engine is prone to damaging certain cylinders.

You also have 4 individual cylinder trims enabled which is unlikely needed.

JuPo8I6.png

Excellent tech support as always, thank you.  I hadn't got as far as programming ECU as I wanted to be 100% happy with what I was setting up, hence the reason for seeking your advice... As you probably guessed, I'm not an experienced tuner, so apologies if my query was a daft one!