mixture map filter

andybp

2 hours ago, MagicMike said:

If anyone has time, I'd love to get a bit more detailed info on some filters and values that you use regularly, and why.

I mostly only tune race cars (so no overrun fuel cut or idling at lights etc) but here is my common setup and I get good results with this:

MX3QkxD.png

I use this as well, and have similar to Adam, but in addition I have

ECT > 75 C (gotta be at operating temp, and if ECU log, I log anything over 400 rpm so I get cold start, warm up info as well.)

Accel fuel < 1% (thinking here is that Accel fuel influences overall AF ratio)

Adam - do you tune in Lambda or AF? any reason for one or the other or just preference?

• 1 month later...
On 07/11/2017 at 1:29 PM, MagicMike said:

Thanks!

I have tried to make use of transients removing Accel Fuel and also TP with mixed results. Intent is to catch semi steady state cells. I also typically use 80 to 90% of active cell.

Have been revisiting this. Can someone please confirm the function on the 'Active Zone Area'? I (probably stupidly) assumed that a bigger value here meant that more of the sample falls in the zone (ie: 100% meant that the you are perfectly centred in the zone), but after re-reading the help info, it seems that I have it ass about face.

image.png.e51f193a32aaa254cfa4e54e708afe4f.png

This confused me too, so this is my interpretation...  The above represents one cell (divided into 100), the green bit extends 50% towards the cell edge, hence in this example, it is 50%.  Based on this, a value of, say 10% would be more stringent and get more precise results.  

• 4 months later...

Have another question I need to ask after reviewing some data from the weekend...

I think I know the answer, but can someone please confirm... The target value that appears in each cell of the mixture map, is this value the average target of the samples that fit per the filters? Ie, the target is NOT taken directly from the lambda target table?

I have a scenario where I have 2 log files, exact same tune file, exact same filters, and I am seeing different target values in the same cell in the mixture map.

3 hours ago, MagicMike said:

I think I know the answer, but can someone please confirm... The target value that appears in each cell of the mixture map, is this value the average target of the samples that fit per the filters? Ie, the target is NOT taken directly from the lambda target table?

I have a scenario where I have 2 log files, exact same tune file, exact same filters, and I am seeing different target values in the same cell in the mixture map.

Im not sure on this without testing myself, but I suspect the reported target would be the average of all samples taken that fit into your filters - just like the reported "Actual".  Could the variation you are seeing be explained by interpolation of the surrounding cells or are you seeing more difference than that?

I suspect as much. Probably happens alot more often than this one time but gets lost in the data, and I can't say i have compared mixture maps before so haven't had something side by side, like for like on screen before.

.81 v .76 was the case, 5500rpm and 100kpa mpg. 40% cell center.

• 1 year later...

Is there any specific strategy of using mixture map? I always hit the same cells while driving . How do you approach WOT cells? From 2500 rpm with 5th all the way to the rev limiter? Uphill, downhill....? 

Also can I alter the highlight range to be more specific on the values I get? 

I found using the mixture map corrections as a quick rough touchup.  Then compare the log file calculate cell % will give u very quick and nicely match target AFR. Always use LAMBDA as log instead of AFR u even dont need a calculator.  E.g. target is 1.00 and u get 1.05 at cell..it is 5% leaner which just X 1.05 u done.

IMG-20200117-WA0002.jpeg