Daughter Board Swap?

Redline Matt

Hi guys, 

I have acquired a couple of old Link ECU's in my travels and I'm hoping to use one of them to run a Mazda FE-DOHC engine (+ Turbo) fitted to a 1988 Mazda FC RX7 non road legal, Skid pig. The first ECU is a LinkPlus LPV14 150404 which has a Nissan RB Daughter board fitted, this is the ECU I would like to use. The second ECU is a Link LEM D42V5d 03035 Opto/Hall, this ECU can be a parts donor, it was previously fitted to an MX5 which I believe used the same CAS/Trigger pattern as the FE-DOHC engine. My first question is can I swap the the Daughter boards over between the two ECU's? I would like to do this to achieve sequential injection. My second question is can i use the additional injector outputs to run a second set of injectors - preferably staged?

Hopefully I've attached a sample engine pic and a pic of each ECU in question.

Thank you, 

Matt.

img0274g.jpg

Link.jpg

Link 1.jpg

The Opto hall board into the link plus would get you going.

Sequential on the Plus crosses over to group at 15% duty cycle so its not really worth worrying about.

Staged injection I don't think is an option on the LinkPlus.

None of the common G1's could do staged injection.  There are possibly a couple of special firmwares such as rotaries that could do staged but that is not going to help you.

On the V5, I think alternative map sensor options were only available at the time of order and were custom written into the firmware at the time.  Not end user selectable in software.