PClink software on a Vi-pec unit

twentyvalvevw

I have been trying to figure out if the link software will work with the Vi-pec ECU. I like the layout of the PClink software better and the color and background is a little easier on the eyes "out of the box". I have got it to connect but the latency is pretty bad. does anyone know the steps would be required to correct this, I.E. Firmware update/change or anything else like that.

Thanks you!

• 6 months later...

Hey Guy I am just now getting back to this and working on this car some. Can I flash the firmware with the Link g4 Software and working the same?

and Grant the connection speed seems to be quite laggy. sometimes 10 sec for values to start showing real time, just really wanting to make sure this might not be causing any other issues.

Yes it is recommended to use the latest G4+ software and install the latest G4+ firmware.

1 hour ago, awpturbo said:

the connection speed seems to be quite laggy. sometimes 10 sec for values to start showing real time, just really wanting to make sure this might not be causing any other issues.

There are a few reports of this lagging problem floating around but we havent got to the bottom of it yet.  Mostly we have had it reported with fairly modern/powerful laptops using intel graphics and USB3 but havent been able to reproduce it in house.  Some users have claimed improvements by installing the oldest Intel driver they can find, others have said changing to a USB2 port fixed it.