Mx5 Varible tps

Dang24

Hi, 

I'm looking to have the mx5 plug and play ecu installed in the next few weeks, but not sure if it needs to have a variable throttle position sensor or would work better with one? 

I know other ecu with require one, and wanted to check first. 

Cheers. 

The TPS is listed as one of the required modifications in the manual.  You can do away without it but you will have some drivability issues due to idle control and accel enrichment not having the best input.

raFayPC.png

Note TPS doesnt necessarily need the expansion harness as stated in the manual - that is just the easiest.  You can also connect to AN Volt 1 on pin 7, or AN Volt 4 on pin 6 as these are spare inputs.

• 2 years later...
On 11/13/2017 at 7:55 AM, Adamw said:

The TPS is listed as one of the required modifications in the manual.  You can do away without it but you will have some drivability issues due to idle control and accel enrichment not having the best input.

raFayPC.png

Note TPS doesnt necessarily need the expansion harness as stated in the manual - that is just the easiest.  You can also connect to AN Volt 1 on pin 7, or AN Volt 4 on pin 6 as these are spare inputs.

Hello!

I need some your help in 2020 :) I have 1.6 mx5 and VTPS,can I connect it to AN Volt 1 on pin7 or AN Volt 4 on pin6?

Thank you!

• 1 year later...