s15 VCT set up

Carl mc

hi all,

quite new to tuning so please bear with me...my S15 rattle is louder after installing the plugin ecu..

Is the S15 VCT control already set up when using the S15 plugin ecu or do we have to manually set it up? if yes how do we make the adjustments for the VCT solenoid control vs rpm...thanks

On the S15 plugin the VTC can be on one of 2 outputs either Aux 8 or on Inj 5

You will need to set each drive 1 at a time to test PWM and see which is controlling the VTC solenoid the other will then be the purge solenoid.

The VTC drive is then going to need to be set as CAM switched and the conditions set to desired figures.

Hi again...

Set the vtc control On at 1050 rpm to 5700rpm...but problem is when the rpm is around idle... the vtc turns on and off causing the car to idle badly...almost stopping the engine...any ideas on the set up if im doing it correctly...

On 01/12/2017 at 8:58 AM, rrob said:

Add a 3rd condition that's minimum 1.5-2% TP main.

Cant do that in the cam switched...only rpm refference...

Any other suggestions? Its the correct output to the vtc solenoid...but engine unstable when switched on....

Do i need to retune the car if i intend to switch the vtc on since my last tune was without the vtc activated? 

Yes, I'v been watching this thread, I have the same issue of cycling VTC on and off as rpm floats around VTC On/off point during cold start.

Inj 5 pin (JDM Spec R), can't do 3rd condition, Link software only allows me max 2 conditions.

Poncams on stock unopened engine, doesn't idle well if I switch VTC on below idle, I haven't tried to play with tune yet to smooth it with VTC on at idle..

Stock ECU conditions for VTC ON are neutral switch off, TPS voltage high enough for idle 'switch' off and 1050-5700rpm

Funky VTC.jpg