98 GC8 WRX Link G4+ Injectors

Clubspectom

Hi,

I've got a Link G4+ WRXLink V3/V4 and my tuner is new to this ECU and software. He is having trouble with the upgraded injectors I supplied for the upgrade.

Car is a 98 GC8 with an EJ20G. Injectors are out of a EJ20K and are P1 480cc (OR15 Part number).

Does anyone know the injector latencys for these 480cc units?

Currently my car tuning is at a stand still as he has contacted Link and they have asked for the lag times/latency of these injectors.

Tom

It looks to me like the settings in the V3/4 basemap will be close enough.  Since these are relatively small (by today's standards), provided he is using traditional fuel equation and the engine has an alternator then accurate deadtime will be of little consequence.

There are a variety of methods a tuner can use to do a quick deadtime check, see my post here for one method:

1 hour ago, Clubspectom said:

he has contacted Link and they have asked for the lag times/latency of these injectors

This doesnt sound right?  I cant think of any reason we would be asking for deadtimes?  

Thanks for the info, I will pass it on tomorrow. 

I think he thought they were after market injectors, and may have told Link the same. Could be what they requested it? 

I told him today what they were out of as previously I had just told him 480-500cc injectors. 

Only info he's given me is he's got it to start and it's running very rich. 

I ended up getting some 14V info from the injector supplier that got the tuner started and going. He called me today everything was going perfectly, he was about to go for a power run, but before he made it the car made a slight pop and boosted really quickly. Said its running lean now and it won't boost properly...almost like antilag.

He said its almost like a fuel or boost cut.

Any ideas?

We are thinking Airflow meter or injectors.