DataStream Mode Continuous

redmist

I've an older G4 Storm that I'm benching for radio telemetry. It's simply a trial to enable both my G4+ Xtreme's to transmit radio telemetry, GPS data and alerts to a base. 

I've got the radio bridge working well, bridging between two USB devices (GPS and radio), and my program logs, truncates and transfers NMEA data to my second device without issue. However on switching to the Storm I've noted that the Continuous modes (12/25 hz, and CRC) don't appear to be continuous. As in without any input from PCLink the USB serial port is silent.

I could emulate the PCLink "tuning" call, however the response doesn't appear to conform to the short or long datastream format listed in PCLink. 

On a requested short or long, should I send a capital "A" I get a hex FE (decimal 254) return, which I gather is an out of bounds error? Not that this should matter if I can get a continuous data stream. 

Am I being rather dense here and that the Datastream configuration only refers to the RS232 data?

As an aside these are on two raspberry pi devices running Rasbian. 

14 hours ago, Adamw said:

I expect you will only find the "telemetry" streams coming out of the "communications port", not the USB tuning port?

Have attempted to use the RS232 port with the Link configured to 12hz continuous. There isn't a squeek out of the port until such point in time as I kick up PCLink.