IAT installation Subaru V5-V6

Dean Govender

Dear Fellas, I am busy with the installation of the IAT on my Subaru Impreza Sti my00 and I would appreciate some assistance with the following please:

1.) Which location would be optimal to install the IAT sensor?

2.) Should I use a thermal insulating bushing to prevent heat soak at the installation point of the IAT sensor?

3.) Which pins do I use on the ECU and where can I purchase the connector to connective sensor to the ECU. Is there a universal connector that I can purchase from a electrical supplier perhaps?

Regards

Dean

Hi Dean

As close to the engine as possible and avoiding heat soak as best you can is the goal.

Pin wise you need a ground on one side of the sensor and the other side can go to a temp pin on the ECU. On the main header this is pin B136 pin 19 (Temp 3)

Or you can connect via a XS loom to the ECU.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2017 at 12:12 PM, Dean Govender said:

Dear Fellas, I am busy with the installation of the IAT on my Subaru Impreza Sti my00 and I would appreciate some assistance with the following please:

1.) Which location would be optimal to install the IAT sensor?

2.) Should I use a thermal insulating bushing to prevent heat soak at the installation point of the IAT sensor?

3.) Which pins do I use on the ECU and where can I purchase the connector to connective sensor to the ECU. Is there a universal connector that I can purchase from a electrical supplier perhaps?

Regards

Dean

Hi Dean, I received my link ecu yesterday and will put it on an Impreza Sti 2000 too.
I'm planning to add the IAT in one of this 2 location.

Talked with some guys and they are using in that way on the oem sti IC. They drilled a hole and added threads. Will do the same, I think that will be better than weld something. Will try to attempt the first start after Christmas.

IMG_3195.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...