Sign in to follow this  
Dean Govender

IAT installation Subaru V5-V6

Dear Fellas, I am busy with the installation of the IAT on my Subaru Impreza Sti my00 and I would appreciate some assistance with the following please:

1.) Which location would be optimal to install the IAT sensor?

2.) Should I use a thermal insulating bushing to prevent heat soak at the installation point of the IAT sensor?

3.) Which pins do I use on the ECU and where can I purchase the connector to connective sensor to the ECU. Is there a universal connector that I can purchase from a electrical supplier perhaps?

Regards

Dean

Hi Dean

As close to the engine as possible and avoiding heat soak as best you can is the goal.

Pin wise you need a ground on one side of the sensor and the other side can go to a temp pin on the ECU. On the main header this is pin B136 pin 19 (Temp 3)

Or you can connect via a XS loom to the ECU.

On 12/4/2017 at 12:12 PM, Dean Govender said:

Dear Fellas, I am busy with the installation of the IAT on my Subaru Impreza Sti my00 and I would appreciate some assistance with the following please:

1.) Which location would be optimal to install the IAT sensor?

2.) Should I use a thermal insulating bushing to prevent heat soak at the installation point of the IAT sensor?

3.) Which pins do I use on the ECU and where can I purchase the connector to connective sensor to the ECU. Is there a universal connector that I can purchase from a electrical supplier perhaps?

Regards

Dean

Hi Dean, I received my link ecu yesterday and will put it on an Impreza Sti 2000 too.
I'm planning to add the IAT in one of this 2 location.

Talked with some guys and they are using in that way on the oem sti IC. They drilled a hole and added threads. Will do the same, I think that will be better than weld something. Will try to attempt the first start after Christmas.

IMG_3195.JPG

Thanks fellas, I have not made any progress due to the holidays. I was also considering using the intercooler as a point to mount the sensor. Will keep you guys updated on my progress. 

Regards

Dean

Have mounted my ait sensor on the inlet

now seeing on my mrt intercooler at 1.6bar boost a temp around 24'C flat out to previously over 55'C on old set up which was a Chinese copy of an autobahn intercooler 

Mounted the ait sensor to left of inter cooler outlet as per your red dot before throttle body

new sensor had a calibration file to be entered for it to read properly 

apart from that no issues