TT+ plug n play VAG 1.8T

sambb

Hi,

I'm going to be putting a G4+ TT+ plug n play into a vw Polo gti 1.8T 20V. My models OEM o2 sensor is a wideband. I'm just a little confused as to whether the new ECU will be able to do everything off the OE wideband (do the open loop maps with it and closed loop turned off,  but revert to  closed loop for low load maps) or if I need to be looking at an aftermarket wideband/controller?

Also, down the track I will no doubt go to a MAF-less tune where I assume i'll have to run a plenum pressure signal to the ECU's MAP sensor. But if I choose to tune with the oem MAF/MAP combo, will it be running off the factory MAP which is upstream of the throttle plate or will I be using the ECU's MAP sensor in that situation too?

thanks

sam

Our ECU will not control the factory wideband sensors.  You will have to fit an external wideband controller.

I would suggest you go MAF-less right from the start as we dont support MAF well - there is no supplied calibration curve for the factory MAF sensor for instance.  You will need to connect the ECU's builtin MAP sensor to the manifold.  The factory "post turbo pressure" sensor is connected to the ECU and can be logged but it is not much good for anything else.

RE my desire to include a MAF, it was only due to me wanting to retain cruise control if at all possible. I was always under the impression that you needed a MAF to be able to retain cruise control. Is that correct? If not its no biggy, just would have been nice.

Ok, I knew it was a long shot re the oem wideband sensor without a controller.  So  I will need the Link CAN Lambda module and because I'm using a plug n play ecu I will need to " use a Link CANPCB cable to access the CAN port on the PlugIn PCB and a Link CANF field insertable CAN plug." Is that correct?   Is the Bosch LSU4.9 the only wide band sensor that will work with this module or can I adapt my existing OE wideband sensor to this modules lead?

thanks

sam

download pdf
Retail Price: $450.00 Discounted Price:  

12 hours ago, sambb said:

RE my desire to include a MAF, it was only due to me wanting to retain cruise control if at all possible. I was always under the impression that you needed a MAF to be able to retain cruise control.

No MAF is not needed.  Cruise control will work.  The cruise control isnt setup/tuned in our basemap so you will have a little work to do there but all necessary hardware is connected - wheel speeds, cruise switches, clutch and brake switches etc.

zvKietz.png

So  I will need the Link CAN Lambda module and because I'm using a plug n play ecu I will need to " use a Link CANPCB cable to access the CAN port on the PlugIn PCB and a Link CANF field insertable CAN plug." Is that correct?

For wideband you can use the CAN-lambda device or a 3rd party analog device if you wish.  For connection the TT plug-in already has a CAN port on the side of the case so you wont need the CANPCB - just the CANF.  You will need a 120ohn resistor at the Lambda end of the CAN bus wires also.

Is the Bosch LSU4.9 the only wide band sensor that will work with this module or can I adapt my existing OE wideband sensor to this modules lead?

Only the LSU4.9 is supported.  It is included with it.