File,Save, File is in use

mikegt4dude

Looks like your google drive is locking the file while it syncs. It's accessing the file to parse it, upload it to the cloud, analyze it for government secrets or something. Once it's finished doing whatever it should free the file to be saved, because basemaps are so small (172KB) I would expect it to do this fairly quickly, unless your internet connection is really really slow. If it's not freeing the file when it's finished with it, then it's a bug for google.

While we're at it, does anyone have better experience with other cloud services? microsoft, dropbox, mega, amazon, etc?

57 minutes ago, mikegt4dude said:

Dave: Very plausible theory, But never had an issue with G4

That's because G4 PCLink doesn't pop up to tell you it wasn't able to save a file, it tells you implicitly by not displaying the "File saved successfully" message, then it just loses the changes you made. Better reporting was one of the improvements we made to G4+ PCLink, handy huh?

I don't know how google decide when to access your files for syncing, but in your example above I think you just got lucky.