ALS not working

jannerboy

Seat Ibiza Cupra with the Audi TT g4+ ECU. We cant get the ALS to work.

We have added a switch to activate DI7 as ALS. Added the wire to the ECU with Sensor GND.

I've attached some screenshots to get the discussion going.

With the switch Active, all that happens is we rev up to 3000rpm+ with TPS 40%+ but the engine just continues to rev up to 6000 rpm or more before we quickly switch off the ALS!

No ALS occurs. We have logged parameters and see that it "looks" like the throttle is following the target, and other parameters look correct! But clearly we are missing something!

So something is not quite right...:-(

Regards, John

IMG-20171214-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20171214-WA0003.jpg

Add Anti Lag Status to your view and see what it is doing:

It will be in one of the following states.

· OFF - Anti-Lag is disarmed.

· Armed:AL Active - Anti-Lag is operating.

· OFF: RPM < 500 - Anti-Lag is disabled due to the RPM being below 500RPM.

· Sys Armed: Cyclic OFF - Anti-Lag system armed, cyclic idle is off.

· Armed: Cyclic Active - Anti-Lag system armed, cyclic idle is active.

· Cyclic Cooldown Active - Cyclic idle is operating for a set time (after anti-lag transitions from active to armed).

· Dis-armed: Cyclic Active - Anti-Lag is disarmed, cyclic idle is active.

5 hours ago, jannerboy said:

With the switch Active, all that happens is we rev up to 3000rpm+ with TPS 40%+ but the engine just continues to rev up to 6000 rpm or more before we quickly switch off the ALS!

It seems like you might misunderstand what antilag is for?  Antilag is generally only setup to be active during idle and overrun conditions when the throttle is "closed" (or more accurately when the pedal is fully up).  You need to go above the "AL Enable TP" to "arm" the system, but it is usually set up to only provide ign cut and retard at small throttle openings.

If you tell us how you want it to work and attach your map we might be able to help.

It is for overrun and idle yes. 

John hasn’t described it well. Essentially if you blip the throttle to put the ALS into active mode, as you come off the throttle the car continues to rev until the normal rev limiter with no ignition cut or retard seeming to be active. 

So you blip it and it goes above (in this case) 3k and above 40% TP, then come off the pedal and the engine goes to 4K, 5k, 6k and so on by itself  

On the overrun the engine revs up even higher. The ALS system never seems to do anything when active. 

The ignition cut table is at 30-40 in those areas, ignition angle is set to 30-35 degrees (minus) absolute and fuel is set to 5-10%. 

So in effect the engine should not try and accelerate by itself. 

On the log it shows that als is armed, then when conditions are met, “active”.

ignition angle shows as -28 to -35 and ignition cut up to 50% (in this example)

I’ll attach a log and the pcl file when I get to my laptop in the morning. 

I’ve set up hundreds of cars with ALS now and never had an issue but this car has a mind of its own. 

20 minutes ago, Grant Baker said:

So the cut table is TP not AP then?

It can be whatever you want it to be, but you can see in the photo above his is set to TP(main).  TP is the more logical choice to me since it is more directly related to what the engine is seeing.