300Z G4+ Plug In tune file/log review

MagicMike

Hi team,

If anyone is interested, I have attached a log and tune file from last night. I have since made a few changes to the VE map based on this log.

It would be very much appreciated if anyone could have a look and offer any advice as far as configuration or anything is concerned really. I don't claim to be a tuner, I probably know just enough to be dangerous, but I like to have a go myself.

Modlist is extensive, turbos, breather mods in and out, cams, top feed injectors (bosch or Xspurt 1650/1550 or whatever they are). I have retained VCT.

I have only really touched on the fuel map where I could hold with the brakes, and have done just enough WOT pulls to know it is really fat up top. Have had great struggles getting injector data that seemed to be ok.

I'm not sure why my 3500rpm column is so much heavier than the rest, but it seems it is what it likes.

Any and all feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Mike

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9csf2zjdyrzue2n/coast.pclr?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/10xn3jkcf4vqvkd/Log 2017-12-14 11%3B45%3B15 pm.llg?dl=0

Mike. Ill have a little stab at this..

Your 3500 thng might be some harmonics in your fuelrail due to the lack of a fuelpressureDAMPER(?). Trying  a shorter length of vacuumhose to your FPR might also do something about it.

Personaly (and i do meen personaly cause im not aware of anyone else doing it) i like to have a separate fuel and ignitionmap for VTC on and off. This way i can dick around with VTC on/off without skeewing the fueling/ timing requirements.

You could sspan your y axises in percents instead of 10`s. What i meen is that the percent change from a 0 to 20 kpa is a helluva lot more than the percent change from 180 to 200 kpa. picture attached as example..

Your timing figures are way low. But thats a tuning issue which you didnt ask about.

Your lambda targets are quite rich in the cruice area. On a turbo lambda 1 is perfectly fine at athmospheric pressure (and a little above) even though its not on a NA engine (where athmos would be full load/WOT).

Injection timing is set to single cell. That could be set to table and done "better". Look at haltechs base map as an example.

Your engine protections could be bettered. Like span a rpm limit over enginetemp vs differential fuel pressure (3D table)  as an example. Dont see oil temp and oilpressure sensors in your setup but that would also be  nice limits to set up.. Just to get your creativity going..

Your idle ignition table could be setup more agressively if needed to stabilize idle.

Thats a small start at least..

(Oh. And no shame in asking at your (other) favorite forum ;)  )

5a40fb330533f_Skjermbilde2017-12-2514_16_55.thumb.png.f4d17913e36136f6e95846d33393edb5.png

On ‎25‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:36 PM, Steve said:

Mike. Ill have a little stab at this..

Your 3500 thng might be some harmonics in your fuelrail due to the lack of a fuelpressureDAMPER(?). Trying  a shorter length of vacuumhose to your FPR might also do something about it.

Thanks mate :) I have actually got a Radium damper in between the reg and the rail, but could be harmonics, as it doesn't really make sense for the big spike. I will try splitting the columns over different RPM points and see if I get reasonable results (add in a 3250 and a 3750 and see what it looks like). 

Personaly (and i do meen personaly cause im not aware of anyone else doing it) i like to have a separate fuel and ignitionmap for VTC on and off. This way i can dick around with VTC on/off without skeewing the fueling/ timing requirements.

That is interesting, I like the idea and I'm keen to know how you set this up.

You could sspan your y axises in percents instead of 10`s. What i meen is that the percent change from a 0 to 20 kpa is a helluva lot more than the percent change from 180 to 200 kpa. picture attached as example..

Don't think that is an option

Your timing figures are way low. But thats a tuning issue which you didnt ask about.

Way low, yep, haven't started on timing map yet.

Your lambda targets are quite rich in the cruice area. On a turbo lambda 1 is perfectly fine at athmospheric pressure (and a little above) even though its not on a NA engine (where athmos would be full load/WOT).

Injection timing is set to single cell. That could be set to table and done "better". Look at haltechs base map as an example.

Thanks for the tip. I haven't had anything to do with haltech, so downloaded the software and took a look. I have loaded them up and will see what happens :) 

Your engine protections could be bettered. Like span a rpm limit over enginetemp vs differential fuel pressure (3D table)  as an example. Dont see oil temp and oilpressure sensors in your setup but that would also be  nice limits to set up.. Just to get your creativity going..

Yeah, haven't got there yet either. Currently running manual Defi gauges for oil temp and pressure, but will remove them and add some new sensors when I install my sump (not really high on the list atm)

Your idle ignition table could be setup more agressively if needed to stabilize idle.

Thats a small start at least..

(Oh. And no shame in asking at your (other) favorite forum ;)  )

haha, but I am looking for edumacated opinions :D

Knew I should have just messaged you ;)

Thanks Steve

I used one of the Aux outputs (aux 6 in MY case) set up as a GP output and labeled it as "cam switch". This one is hooked up to the VTC solenoids.

Then set the conditions as wanted for cam switching. Then select dual fuel and ignition maps and choose Aux 6 (again, in my case) as the "switch" between tables.

Can also use a 4D table instead of a "dual" tables but they dont have the full resolution that the main tables got..

Yeah thats the point.

You can look at it like this. When VTC is OFF all the time you got one certain VE table. If you turn VTC ON all the time it will need a different VE (and timing )table cause... Well it breathes differently. Its like two entierly different engines.

So you switch between the two different VE maps when you switch VTC on/off.

You would need to tune one (complete) table with it on and one with it off.

If that made more sense..