loading a start file for my 1uz cressida

cuttz

ok so auto elec has returned and has installed your tach booster.....and it works great. the tach sweep even works. he fixed the engine fans also i set them to come on at 72 degs and thats where the engine temp stays on the laptop. its a shame the 7m dash temp doesnt work with the 1uz temp switch but one step at a time.

so the idle still isnt great. if i start the car it idle perfect soon as i give it some gas the takes ages to go down and even then still doesnt go all the way down.

any ideas fellas? 

So still having these idle issues. It does idle but if you give it a rev it takes ages to come down and even then it still hold rpm around 2000 with out tps input at all then eventually comes down. What should I look at to fix this?

Idle control is typically the last aspect you will tune after everything else is done.  Fuel, ignition, warmup etc must be done before you can tune the idle control.  Has the rest of it been tuned properly yet?

Ok, it looks like the base position table is a long way off which means after a blip the RPM settles above the RPM lockout so idle control never takes over.  Load in the attached map and give it a try.  I have just tweaked 4 cells in the base pos table and removed the hold step.  It still may not be enough so do another log if it is no better. It may take a couple of trys until we get honed in.

What is it like at cold start - does the RPM flare quite high at start up or is it ok?

Base pos tweaked.pclr

Ok, I only changed it above 60°C earlier but this time you only warmed it up to 55deg so you didnt test any of the changes.  Attached a new one below with some of the lower temps bumped up a little too.  Can you do another log with this new map but get it up to about 80°C.

26 minutes ago, cuttz said:

so when you say base is of a bit are you talking about the fuel cells?

Idle base position table.  This is the position that the idle valve moves to based on temperature.  The bigger the number in this table the lower the RPM (valve is more closed).

Gx9AAEI.png

Base pos tweaked2.pclr

Sigh, it looks like your idle valve has lost position because your keep-alive timer was not long enough to allow the stepper motor to reset after key-off.  In earlier logs it needed more than 90steps to idle, now it is happily sitting at 38.  So those last few changes were possibly in error.

Can you change the keep alive time to 20seconds and do another log tomorrow, preferably a cold start and warm up to 80deg.

kq3Ke4V.png

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CCcdv7QDJ7iIGnJC4p-2rZ_M_wc3SKcv

there is the log from cold to warm does realy get over 71 75 deg unless i rev it for ages witch im not keen on until i know everything is all good.

but have a look let me know whats up

and now its stalling???? did a short log on that.

dont know why that is i can start it again but i need to hold some throttle to keep it alive?

I think that ECU hold power timer made me head in the wrong direction with some of my adjustments yesterday.  Attached is a new file that seems to fit your new log better.  I think the stalling may be because you are not letting the stepper reset after power off.  If you turn off the engine or it stalls etc, you need to wait about 20sec for the stepper to reset before you re-start otherwise it will lose its position.

Base pos tweaked3.pclr

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CCcdv7QDJ7iIGnJC4p-2rZ_M_wc3SKcv

has not stalled again witch is good tell me if the log was long enough i did a long one then the laptop crashed so didnt save it. so this one is short just so i could get it to you

why does the ign angle go yellow up in the high revs? 

Im not convinced we have it right yet as the idle position seems to change everytime, I wonder if there is a problem with the wiring that is causing the ECU hold power function to not work?  Do you hear the main relay click off about 20secs after you turn the car off?

It is probably close enough to run for now anyhow.

19 minutes ago, cuttz said:

why does the ign angle go yellow up in the high revs? 

All parameters have user definable warnings.  For the ignition angle with our default settings you get a yellow warning at 40deg and a red warning at 45deg.  You can change these in the parameters list by right-clicking, then chose properties. The yellow is called the "High warning value", the red is the "High error value".

rRcYZAO.png

TBH i was not listening for it but ill check tomorrow for you. but in the past i used to hear it but i will double check

so it should be ok to run now? once my clutch is sorted this week it wont hurt taking it for a test drive at all?

lol it was a brain fart on my behalf. the new file you sent me to load had the ecu hold power set to 5 secs so it changed my setting that i set. 

it is now stored at 20 secs AGAIN. But it is a bit late to start this thing as its loud af. ill post another log tomorrow for you. before i pack it up to get the clutch sorted thanks for the help again