New VTS

rayhall

The new Vipec Tuning Software is now available to download. Also included in the software is firmware 4.5.0

The software can be setup with multiple pages, with tables, settings and runtime values. The software is NOT designed to be used like this. Only

one page is needed to do all your tuning and adjust the settings and view runtime values. In theory you should only every need three pages.

One for tuning, one for viewing data logs and another for mixture table tuning. The software has this layout as the default.

The software can be fully keyboard driven when tuning. I would highly recomend you printout the Help -> Keboard Shortcuts page before

using the software. These keys make using the software very fast and slick..

Some of the main keys you should learn are,

Tuning Keys:

F - Opens the fuel table.

I - Opens the ignition table.

R or F12 - Opens the Runtime window

F8 - Starts and stops the PC logger

[ or ] Cycles though the pages.

F10 - Stops and Starts Quick tune

Settings Menus:

Esc - Opens and closes the settings menu.

T - Opens the 3D table selection menu.

C - Closes settings windows.

Up and Down - Arrow keys navigate the Settings and 3D tables menus.

Left and Right - Arrow keys open and close tree branch's of the menus.

Data logger:

Left and Right - Arrow keys move though the data

Up and Down - Arrow keys zoom in and out.

The software is very flexible. There is almost no limit to what you can do, and display. You can totally redesign the layout to suit yourself. If

doing this I would recommend you save your new layout as some thing like "mylayout" and not overwrite the default layout. That way you can go

back the default when you make a big mess and cannot find things again...:-)

It has taken a lot of work to get the software like this. Please take the time to understand how it works, and use the keyboard, as this will

show just how good/fast this software is for tuning in a car on the road, or dyno.

This is a list of the changes. http://www.vi-pec.com/page_files/FirmwareChanges.html

The software can be downloaded from the software page http://www.vi-pec.com/page_files/software.htm

Guest |580|

Sometimes I wish I could hug you for the things you do... In a totally manly, I think you're cool, but I still like girls kind of way of course! Not that there's anything wrong with the opposite! Oy, I'll shut up now. Thanks Ray!

Guest |443|

Looks great Ray, I'll be flashing at lunch!

Is that BMW M52 setting for the M52TU (DVanos) or M52 (Single Vanos), for use with the internal Hall cranksensor?

Also I do not see a new method of boost control, I thought that was coming soon?

Roman

Guest Marcel B

Hello all , GREAT to see the release of the new software :D Ray , are there any special or specific steps required in this upgrade ?

I went ahead and tried it ! guess what , no sucess :cry: now im pissed :x :x . this is what i get ;

* ECU Firmware Update Utility *

* Version R3.6 *

Firmware update version : 4.5.0

Creation date : "4/19/2010 9:57:02 a.m."

Bootcode version : 1.4

Searching for ECU.................................(Found on COM7) SUCCESS

ECU is running in........BOOT MODE

Warning : Last update was not complete. Engine will not start in this mode.

Continue with update to boot main code.

Current ECU firmware information

-----------------------

ECU firmware version = 4.4.3

Bootcode Version = 1.4

Other information

-----------------------

Board S/N = 3132

ECU type = 16

You are upgrading from : V4.4.3 to V4.5.0

* Warning : Programming will overwrite your exsisting firmware though *

* tuning information will be retained. *

* You maybe required to configure any new features after *

* this upgrade to ensure continued ECU operation. *

* Under no circumstances should this process be interrupted. *

* Please leave ignition switch ON until update is complete. *

* This should take approximtly 10 to 20 seconds *

Press the (Y) key to continue with update. (Q) to quit/abort update ?

PROGRAMMING HAS STARTED......please wait approx. 10-20 secs

RS232 is working in overlap modeInitMonitor failed.

Monitor: BSL: No aknowledge Received.

Reset your application and reload the monitor.

Com: Receive: Timeout or Lost of data

Press key to exit

????????

Also I do not see a new method of boost control, I thought that was coming soon?

It is being worked at the moment. A test version will be available by request from your dealer in about a week, for anyone that must have it now.

Hello all , GREAT to see the release of the new software :D Ray , are there any special or specific steps required in this upgrade ?

When you do the firmware update a screen will appear with a list of warnings and things to check. Some may or may not effect your map.

The software installs into a new folder (C:\VIPEC\VTS V2), so the old version will still work. Also all your saved maps will be in the old VTS folder.

Ray.

Guest Marcel B
Marcel,

Unplug the ECU from the harness and the PC.

Plug it all back in, and do the firmware update again.

Ray.

Ok , I will try this when I get home from work . I hope it works.

Guest Simon Willis

UPgraded fine for me. The Mixture Map does not show up though. Says Fuel and Target axis parameter mismatch. My car has been setup so the main fuel map is TPS vs RPM and the 4D Fuel map is MGP vs RPM. The AFR Target map is MAP vs RPM. Is this the reason? Does the Main Fuel map axes have to be the same as the AFR Target map?

New software looks really nice by the way. I really need to get a wideband O2 meter so I can have some fun with it.

Guest Marcel B

Ok , I will try this when I get home from work . I hope it works.

Ray , I have done as you advised and gotten the same result , it still does not work, it says the same thing . :x

After contacting my dealer and following some guidance from him , I was able to sucessfully do the update :D

Guest Marcel B
It would be nice if you would post the solution so others would benefit from your learning :)

Sure ................Just for information this is the second time this has happened , last time was with the last upgrade. I do not know if this problem is exclsive to my ECU. I had to completely remove the ECU from my car , connect power and ground to the appropriate pins in the "A" connector reconnect my laptop then do the upgrade ,I do not know if being connected to the harness created the problem , its all a bit wierd if you ask me.

Guest |443|

Sure ................Just for information this is the second time this has happened , last time was with the last upgrade. I do not know if this problem is exclsive to my ECU. I had to completely remove the ECU from my car , connect power and ground to the appropriate pins in the "A" connector reconnect my laptop then do the upgrade ,I do not know if being connected to the harness created the problem , its all a bit wierd if you ask me.

Quite weird. I'll have to check with my dealer to see what their issues were with the last upgrade - I know one of the shop cars was down due to not being able to upgrade properly too. I'm waiting on it until more people try it out, but I'm digging the interface so far! Its taking a little bit to get use to, but I like it.

If you have the V44 or V88 standalone, then someone wired it to the engine and the rest of the electrical system in the car. If this was not done correctly the ECU can get a backfeed voltage that keeps the ECU alive even after you turn the ignition off. Firmware updates require all power to be removed from the ECU when it asks you to cycle the ignition off and on.

I instructed the dealers to power V44 and V88 up on the bench to do firmware updates. This will eliminate any bad wiring, and let the firmware update proceed correctly.

Ray,

Guest |443|
If you have the V44 or V88 standalone, then someone wired it to the engine and the rest of the electrical system in the car. If this was not done correctly the ECU can get a backfeed voltage that keeps the ECU alive even after you turn the ignition off. Firmware updates require all power to be removed from the ECU when it asks you to cycle the ignition off and on.

I instructed the dealers to power V44 and V88 up on the bench to do firmware updates. This will eliminate any bad wiring, and let the firmware update proceed correctly.

Ray,

Good info. So as long as the ECU is powered off fully, like the manual specs, it should work. Thanks.

Guest Marcel B

Ray,

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Ray , I wont have U .......My wireing job is perfect ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Guest |229|

On the last firmware i had DI6 to activate my launch control and 4D ignition map (slip control). When the DI6 was active so was LC and 4D ign. But on this firmware, when DI6 is off, LC is active, but 4D ign is not. When i activate the DI6, LC goes off, and 4D ign on. I got it to work correct, so LC /4D ign is active when DI6 is active, by using Virtual AUX.

Is this a software error, or is it me that has done somwthing wrong here?

Also, i do not knkow why but i had a "traction control menu" one time i connected to the ECU, but before and after that single time i can not see the menu anymore. Was this just a glitch or is there someway to activate the "traction control menu". I could see the menu under "motorsport" and all the way in the bottom besides "ECU logging / Table allocation"

Thanks!

Ronni