New VTS

rayhall

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Marcel B

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Ray , I wont have U .......My wireing job is perfect ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hi Ray , your comments here got me thinking , so I decided to do some testing. Firstly I disconnected both harnesses and tested each pin for power WITH the ignition switch turned off and there was NONE on any , I then repeated the test with the switch on and got power ONLY where I was supposed to . Are there any 'special" tests that I can do to determine if what you suggested is really happening ??

Marcel,

In my own car (Lexus IS200) it has six or seven ECU that talk to each other via a multiplex system. When I turn the ignition off the engine stops, but Vipec does not immediately power down. This happens only when all seven ECU are ready. The time taken can be 1 to 2 seconds or up to 20. Because of this, doing a firmware update with the Vipec ECU in the car will not work most times. My wiring is correct, it is just the way the car electrical system was designed. I do updates on the bench so I have no problems when it asks you to cycle the ignition power.

Guest |306|

Ray,

For the next software update, is it possible to also log the fuel table values? In VTS 1, it was possible to do so, and it was easy to determine what tables had to be fixed.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Guest |385|

query Ray - when the datastream is enabled-short and baud rate set to 19200 for the AiM Dash ... does this effect the baud rate for the ECU USB connection also? or does it remain at 115200? I was having issues getting VTS to connect, yet VDash would function fine.

• 6 months later...

Ray

I'm having a similar problem to Marcel B a few pages back with regards to firmware update - RS232 is working in in overlap mode

I'm trying to update from 4.3.4 to 4.6.9 when attempting this in the car or on the bench i get the following:

firmwareupgradefail.jpg

benchtestsetup.jpg

The procedure I go through before i get the error message is:

run VTS

give ecu power

connect ecu to laptop via usb cable

click on "update firmware"

Any help would be appreciated as I need this car on the road before Christmas.

Regards, Chris

thanks Ray

was on COM3 at the time.

anything else?

edit: after the firmware update fell through i attempted to connect the laptop to the ecu but it wouldn't because the ecu was in boot mode. this makes me think that the ecu and vipec connection is working fine.

Ray I've done that 4 times now. Removed power and cable and then readded power and cable. All for the same result. I'll try again but I suspect the result won't change.

edit: just tried it one more time

reset laptop

opened VTS

powered ecu (on bench with pins to power and earth as shown in pic above)

connected laptop-vipec cable

clicked "connect ecu"

got the boot mode error message

clicked "update firmware"

got the same error as shown in pic above

where to now? reinstall software? my last laptop stopped working so i can't easily try another one

edit2: i used VTS for the first time earlier today (new laptop) to get the tune out of my other car (w/ V44) to use as a base for this car (w/ V88). is hooking VTS up to two different ecu's a problem?

should i try using an earlier version of VTS? if so, do you have an earlier version for me to download?

The message you are getting is a Windows message. It is not coming from the VTS software or the firmware update software. I had a similar problem about a year ago with some software for designing PCB. Windows7 was reporting the software had stopped working. I forget what was the fix. Can you try with another PC.

Ray.

• 1 month later...

I have upgraded to the latest ViPec software and the USB drivers are giving me problems too.

Can someone post and older version of the USB drivers (current_buggy= version 6.1) so that I can

revert back to them?

Thanks

USB drivers 6.1 are not buggy. The problem with USB drivers is getting them to install correctly, not the actual driver. Laptops are the worst for installing drivers. If the current driver is installed and working then say no to installing a later version when installing new software.

Make sure the ECU has a latest firmware. 4.7.1

The whole purpose of my exercise was to upgrade the firmware. I tried on 3 Windows machines. I even went out and bought a new 64bit laptop today, installed ViPec s/w clean. Same problem during firmware update attempt. And yes, I disabled driver signing protection of Windows 7.

Ray,

It appears as COM5 in device manager. It can talk to it and figure out the firmware version - then when it starts the actual upgrade (after the "Y" is entered), I get the following error:

RS232 is working in overlap modeInitMonitor failed.

Monitor: BSL: No Aknowledge Received.

Reset your application and reload the monitor.

Com: Receive: Timeout or Lost of data

Press key to exit