Running COPs on a PNP Link for MX5 through factory loom

Furai

I am currently putting a 3rd gen MX5 motor into my NA, Because Ive been running my NA on ITBs and cams I bought a PNP Link G4+.

As I am doing the engine swap I want to use the factory loom as the body and engine loom intertwine but the original motor runs wasted spark.
Looking at the ECU pinouts and the factory wiring diagram on page 4 here it looks like I could run a plug directly into where the ignitor goes (The coil packs I have are built in ignitor) instead of making a new loom.

http://neomiata.com/garage/Wiring Diagrams/Wiring Diagrams 1990-1996/1991_Miata Wiring Diagrams.pdf

I just wanted to confirm if I am correct before I set everything up

20 hours ago, Furai said:

It shows ignition 3 and 4 being used for fan and AC so Im wondering if Coil on plug setup will be difficult

You have two options,

1. You can just stick with running them wasted spark, you can pair the coil signal wires to a single ignition drive.  Run coil 1 & 4 off ignition drive 1 and coil 2&3 to Ignition drive 2.
  2. If you want to do direct spark you can move the fan and AC wires to Ign 7 & 8 on the expansion connector, which will free up ign 3&4 to allow you to do direct spark.

48 minutes ago, Adamw said:

You have two options,

1. You can just stick with running them wasted spark, you can pair the coil signal wires to a single ignition drive.  Run coil 1 & 4 off ignition drive 1 and coil 2&3 to Ignition drive 2.
  2. If you want to do direct spark you can move the fan and AC wires to Ign 7 & 8 on the expansion connector, which will free up ign 3&4 to allow you to do direct spark.

Thanks for clarifying,is there a benefit to direct spark or is wasted fine?

5 hours ago, Furai said:

Thanks for clarifying,is there a benefit to direct spark or is wasted fine?

In terms off knock controll, with wasted spark you don’t have knock by cil. but the pnp mx5 ecu has no knock sensors connected out of the box.

In terms of power, if you’re not having misfire problems ect,imho you will not have benifits. So i would go for option 1. If you heve problems later, you can still change it ...