CAN port connection issues and JZX110 Ethrottle

Simon-AE86

Hi All, long time reader, first time poster.. 

I have an older Xtreme Red G4+ ecu which im wiring into my s14 which has a JZX110 1jz vvti in it. Now i have an issue with connecting to my AIM dash via CAN using the communication port while laptop is connected via the USB port. Basically its either one or the other.. i cannot have both connected at the same time as PClink will disconnect if i connect the AIM dash. Any suggestions? 

secondly.. does anyone have any wiring info on the JZX110 E throttle plugs and pinouts? 

Cheers

Simon 

For the CAN problem it sounds like you must have more than just the two CAN wires connected to the plug. If there is a wire connected to the RS232 pins (even if not connected to anything at other end) it will interrupt PC comms.

For the Ethrottle, there is a pinout for the Toyota clutched TB in the help file, (common 3SGE or 2JZ) I’m not sure if the 1JZ is the same.

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

For the CAN problem it sounds like you must have more than just the two CAN wires connected to the plug. If there is a wire connected to the RS232 pins (even if not connected to anything at other end) it will interrupt PC comms.

For the Ethrottle, there is a pinout for the Toyota clutched TB in the help file, (common 3SGE or 2JZ) I’m not sure if the 1JZ is the same.

Hi Adam 

I'll check the help file out, thanks 

As for the CAN issue.. i have the cable for the communication port for the AIM dash.. only the CAN HI and CAN LOW wires are wired up to the dash as well as power and earth (separate supply) and yeah.. i cant get both PClink live and the dash at the same time.. 

i had this issue with same ecu and Racepack dash a few years ago. never solved it.

so there's only 2 wires in the plug at the ecu end?  or are there other wires in the remaining pins which aren't connected.  Can only have the two CAN wires populated in the plug, any other flying leads off the extra pins will cause you problems

4 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Another option is to cut the CANDASH cable shorter than about 200mm and then run only the can h/can l from there. If the rs232 wires are shorter than 200mm they won’t interrupt pc comms

really? this will work 100% ? if so i'll cut it down.. if it doesnt work then im stuck with a cable i cant return haha

31 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Yes, sounds odd, but it’s due to capacitance of the wire. By making it shorter you reduce the capacitance to a level that the RS232 chip can’t detect.

if thats the case then i'll splice the cable open near the plug end and cut the rs232  wires from the overall cable

Thanks for your help!