civic 92 plug inG4+ Traction Control Trigger Wheel & sensor

Hussain-vtec

Dear Link Experts

I have a civic 92 plug in G4+ on My car and I am willing to install rear traction control using Hall Sensor I will buy this one

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/hall-effect-threaded-body-crankshaft-position-sensor/

PACKAGE INCLUDES INLINE RESISTOR PILLS FOR A 5v OR 12v APPLICATION.

Red anodized aluminum hall effect crankshaft or camshaft position sensor.  Threads are M12 and mounting nuts are included.  Runs off 5 to 24 volts, and gives a nice square wave so there’s no variable voltage issues. Has a 1 meter long, 3 wire pigtail. Here’s what the wires do:

Brown – Supply voltage; connect to either VREF for 5 volt operation or 12 volt switched power.

Black – Output signal. On a MegaSquirt, connects to pin 24. We just set our MegaSquirt up for the VR conditioner and it works great. V3.0 MicroSquirts can also do this, but older MicroSquirts will need to use the Hall effect input. Note that this one requires a pull up resistor. This tees into both the supply voltage and the output signal wire. Use a 1K resistor (now included with the package) when powering it with 5 volts or a 2.4K resistor when powering it with 12 volts.

Blue – Ground.

Be careful if you are switching to this from a previous version of our sensor. The wire colors do not match, and this version requires a pull up resistor.

Specifications

Operating voltage: 5 to 24 volts

Maximum overvoltage and reverse voltage: +30 to -24 volts

Maximum supply current required: 6 mA

Maximum output current sinking: 20 mA

Output type: Open collector

Maximum frequency: 15 kHz

Temperature range: -40 to +125 degrees C

Nominal air gap: 1.5 mm

Thread pitch: M12 x 1 mm

Overall length: 65.5 mm, not including wires

Package material: Aluminum

Sensor orientiation: Not directional

Recommended tooth size is a rectangle measuring at least 2.5 mm x 6.35 mm, with a 5.0 mm tooth height.

The car is vintage so no trigger wheels exist and OE parts to swap in are not available, 

so what type of steel trigger wheels I can create and suggested by you guys How many tooth steel trigger wheels is good and reliable?

are there other important minimum/ maximum dimensions ?

This is so I can get the right spec created by CNC

And how to wire it? shall I use shielded signal wire ?

and witch Digital inputs to process and whether the software can be configured for variations in tooth counts?

If not guide me the Right setting. 

Thank you

Hussain   

The linked sensor is a Cherry/ZF GS1005.  The datasheet is here: http://switches-sensors.zf.com/us/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2012/05/Datasheet_GS1005-GS1007_EN_29_11_17.pdf

For best results use the recommended minimum tooth size from the datasheet:

d00Hc2W.png

I suggest 12 teeth as a good balance between resolution and speed capability.  Wheel speed inputs must go to DI 1-8.  There is a calibration number in the software to adjust for number of teeth and tyre diameter.

You will not need shielded wire for hall type sensors when used for wheel speed.

• 3 weeks later...

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:26 PM, Adamw said:

The linked sensor is a Cherry/ZF GS1005.  The datasheet is here: http://switches-sensors.zf.com/us/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2012/05/Datasheet_GS1005-GS1007_EN_29_11_17.pdf

For best results use the recommended minimum tooth size from the datasheet:

d00Hc2W.png

I suggest 12 teeth as a good balance between resolution and speed capability.  Wheel speed inputs must go to DI 1-8.  There is a calibration number in the software to adjust for number of teeth and tyre diameter.

You will not need shielded wire for hall type sensors when used for wheel speed.

thanks