MagicMike

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd like the ability to toggle through open logs instead of having to necessarily close the one that's open.  Back to back dyno runs I sometimes want to compare the last run data to the run prior.  Being able to toggle through would also mean being able to selectively save or close without saving individual logs.  

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like the option to automatically save Logs to a specified folder, also.

The other day I had the laptop hooked up to the car, then when I plugged it into my USB-C hub to charge (which also has a display attached), PC Link G4+ crashed, and I lost the log. If it had been automatically saved to disk, this would have prevented me losing the log.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I lost an hour's worth of PC logs again at the weekend on the dyno, due to PCLink either crashing (or hitting the X in the top right corner on the touchscreen...) - if auto-saving of logs was present, then I likely still have that data to look back at - I'd stored the main fuelling changes, but it's all the other sensor data like temperatures that would have been really useful.

I know you're not adding major features for the G4+ range, but this would be an amazing Quality Of Life improvement for us who aren't yet ready to re-invest in the newer generation.

It may be worth while to just save between dyno pulls (I do this anyway personally), as well as make sure the internal logger is set up to also get your data to possibly recover in the case of a laptop/software issue.  I've had to use this many times with G4x due to connection issues - and as an added benefit the internal logger can log channels faster than the default 40Hz pc log rate.

Side note: I find it annoying that clicking "Save Log File" with G4+ will give you date/time data for a default file name, but "Save Log File As" has a blank line for the file name default.