Basemap?

M1tch

1 hour ago, JMP said:

you need to check how you've got your ECU logging configured along with the mixture map configuration.  Also keep in mind you have the math function available for single cell tuning by pressing the M key when a cell in the fuel table is selected

Will check the settings, I am actually using a tablet at the moment but might look to get a bluetooth keyboard for it as I think it might be a tad easier to have a physical key to press when bringing up shortcuts etc.

Will be taking it out for a drive in a bit to get some logging data - one thing I am unsure about is the wheel speed and how its setup, the speed signal coming in from DI1 which has been added (and put in as LH front) but as far as I know it just pins at a very high speed, it currently has filtering off but I am unsure if it needs to have a pullup resistor turned on, active edge or the calibration. I am actually unsure as to where the ECU is getting the speed signal from but I am guessing one of the ABS wheel sensors - is there any way I can work out how to get the speed setup logged?

I have just got back from some logging, I can't get any logging on the mixture map above 4k rpm it seems, just checking the initial log it seems that the knock threshold has been reached and I am guessing its not going to log anything in the mixture map if the knock control is working?

Looking at the initial log it seems that at 4k rpm I am at 99Kpa on the MAP sensor with 11 degrees ignition advance which really doesn't seem that much for it to knock considering it increases to 25 degrees advance if it wasn't at WOT and at say 80 KPa.

Checking the logs and the knock status it seems to show that the knock control is active at 1.8k rpm and 52KPa at 10% throttle - looks like it was at around 29 degrees advanced which might be why but the knock level at that point is only 80 (with a threshold of 600).

The knock control is also active until 5k rpm but then locks out due to high RPM - should I look to reduce the RPM lockout on the knock control or is it a case that it doesn't really work at the higher RPMs?

I think the next steps for the map is to pull timing out of the map and then check the knock readings on the next logged run - will then be able to get the fueling sorted on the mixture map (if it is indeed the knock control that is stopping things getting logged) and I can then advance the timing again once the fueling is happy.

The MAP sensor seems to be correctly configured so as far as I know the data is correct, wheel speed isn't correct and I am unsure how to fix that.

I can't seem to be able to upload the logs as they are around 4mb each - will look to reduce timing by 10% across the whole map and use that as a starting point and see what that does, once I get the fueling sorted I can then start sorting ignition etc.

280718 initial road map 5.pclr

Just been out again, managed to get a partial throttle pull to higher RPMs to get a few cells worth of fueling on the mixture map, seems to still be triggering knock control - do I have an issue with my setup meaning I am getting false positives?

I am unable to upload the log file as its apparently too big at 2.3mb and I can't seem to be able to reduce the file size enough to be able to upload it on here :( 

I have taken a screenshot of part of the log, it shows that knock control is enabled with the knock value being well under 200 vs the 600 threshold, I have also attached the current map with a few fueling adjustments and 10% timing taken out of it but its still activating knock control.

I have also taken another screenshot of the knock control active with very minimal timing advance - map sensor is showing full vacuum though even at 70% throttle.

What else should I try? Shall I pull additional timing from the map and try it again - perhaps a max of 25 degrees advanced? Although knock control is active at just 10 degrees ignition.

Maybe I am still getting false positives with the knock control setup - I have set it at 7KHz narrowband - should I perhaps set it to 8khz?

I have also just noticed that there is an error value set on the MAP sensor of 80KPa - I am higher than this so perhaps its detecting an error? MAP sensor is correctly setup to be between 0.5v and 4.5v and between 0Kpa and 516Kpa (75 psi).

image.png

280718 10% less timing initial adjust.pclr

image.png

I have now gone back into the initial map before adjusting by 10% and now simply pulled back timing on any of the highly advanced cells - pulling cells with say 35 degrees advance to 25, those with 30 degrees to 20 etc which will be less aggressive but should combat knock so I can get the fueling right, I can then adjust the timing more advanced once thats setup.

I also need to go through to the knock setup again and adjust the gains per cylinder - I just have the 1 sensor and it might be close to some cylinder than others.

I am also going to grab the AFR table from the Monsoon sample map as a base as well - tempted to almost start again with the fueling and timing by dropping in the maps from the monsoon sample map and a 350z timing map and seeing how that performs.

Just looking into the speed sensor, it seems that looking at the logs the DI1 hz is exactly the same as the speed eg 60mph = 60hz, using the help file with regards to speedo calibration the ABS ring has 48 teeth, rear wheel diameter is 600mm eg 0.6m, this means I need to input 2546 as the calibration figure - max is 500. I have just set it to 1 and will see if that works correctly as 1hz = 1 mph.