Link Can Lambda wiring

StuM

Hi, can anyone help with the wiring for the can lambda module, I’m happy with the power and earth but there’s some confusion with the can wires from the module 4 pin plug to the can pcb cable, it says on the manual wire between 0.3-0.35 but is it normal cable? Twisted pair?

also there is no resistor on the wiring diagram but I’ve seen threads where people have added one, do I need to or is that for more than one module?

car is an Evo 6 

Have a look at the attached photos showing CAN configuration wiring.

You will need a 120R resistor at the Lambda plug. Typically yellow and green are used for CAN wiring in the automotive industry and white and blue for industrial applications.

From memory the Lambda has yellow and green.

Link CAN.PNG

Link CAN 2.PNG

The instructions do seem a little unclear.

The printed text above ( which is downloadable ) does mention the resistor...but it does also state that the G4+ already has this onboard which would imply the user does not need to add one and it has worked for me without one.

5 hours ago, Stevieturbo said:

The instructions do seem a little unclear.

The printed text above ( which is downloadable ) does mention the resistor...but it does also state that the G4+ already has this onboard which would imply the user does not need to add one and it has worked for me without one.

A CAN bus should have a terminating resistor at both ends of the Bus.  The ECU has one built-in so you dont need to worry about one at the ECU end, but you should add one at the other end.  Having said that, it will often work without one, especially if the "bus" is quite short.