Jump to content
Darin

VH45 turbo ecu upgrade.

Recommended Posts

Hi. Just in the process of upgrading the ecu on my off-road race truck.

Currently running an Auntronic SMC and CDi.

I'm thinking to do what I want I'll need to use a G4+ Extreme. 

My questions are...

Will the extreme run the coils direct or do I need a cdi or ignitor etc ?

We are looking at using a tablet for the dash as it will also then run cameras etc. Can we get android app or is it windows based only? (Saw talk of Android but could find anything conclusive)

Is there a base tune for a VH45? (Series 2 cam sensor)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Darin said:

Will the extreme run the coils direct or do I need a cdi or ignitor etc ?

The ignition outputs are only low current "logic level" type outputs.  This means you will need an ignitor, cdi or coils with a built in ignitor.

 

10 hours ago, Darin said:

We are looking at using a tablet for the dash as it will also then run cameras etc. Can we get android app or is it windows based only? (Saw talk of Android but could find anything conclusive)

You can wire an OBD2 socket to the ECU and plug in a wifi or Bluetooth OBD2 adapter, you can then use a 3rd party OBD2 app on Android or iOS.  There are many to choose from but some of the common ones are Torque, Dash Command, Harrys Lap timer, etc.

 

10 hours ago, Darin said:

Is there a base tune for a VH45? (Series 2 cam sensor)

We dont have one to offer sorry, perhaps another user will.  If not we can help you knock something up that will get you running.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×