Rev limiter quit working

jzx_jake

Hi, I run a Link G4+ Storm on my 2JZ vvti. I was at a drift event yesterday and I was riding on the limiter for about 10 seconds straight when the limiter quit working and it revved out. For the rest of the lap the limiter was gone and it would rev as high as I wanted to let it. The limiter is set at 8000 with a 500 rpm range and it's always settled nicely right around 7700 until yesterday. It's an ignition cut limit and injector duty cycle never got above 89%. When I got back to the pits I opened PClink and max rpm logged was over 8500. RPM limit active was on and red in the software just idling. I restarted the car and it went back to normal. I raised the limiter to 8500 for the rest of the day and didn't have any more problems. Any ideas on what could have went wrong? I'll attach my tune.

Jake_tune_1.pclr

Hi Jake,

There are no known problems with the limiter functions in current firmware and I cant think of a good explanation for what you have explained here.  Your settings look fine in your map provided this was from after you changed the limit to 8500.

Have you got a log from this run we could see?

I didn't log it. Yeah this map was after I raised it to 8500, didn't make any other changes. I can't think of anything either. Is there any way to try to replicate it happening with a simulator or something? I'm worried about it happening again.

I have given your map a brief run in an ECU here and the limiting works as expected.  We havent had any reports of a limiter problem for a long time so if there were one it could only be related to something unique to your set up.  With so many variables involved it will be nearly impossible to reproduce without a log showing at least some of the conditions that were present at the time to narrow it down.

Unfortunately I dont have much advice to offer except to suggest you set up ECU logging to always work in the background so you can get some insight if there ever is unexpected behaviour in the future.