Evo 6 setup

StuM

Hi, managed to get my car running on the base map, just a couple of issues to sort before I can send it off to the tuner.

1, I've set up the can lambda and turned off the old narrowband output, I've setup the can and it does find the device, I clicked send at 1mb/s and then unplugged the can to cycle the power when told but its not registering and even though I've saved the settings it doesn't seem to store properly. Also just get a red line on the lambda out with a zero, do I need to change anything else?

2. Even though the cooling fan is saying off, it runs constantly, had to unplug it for now.

9 hours ago, StuM said:

I've setup the can and it does find the device, I clicked send at 1mb/s and then unplugged the can to cycle the power when told but its not registering and even though I've saved the settings it doesn't seem to store properly. Also just get a red line on the lambda out with a zero, do I need to change anything else?

Note you shouldnt need to "send" anything to the CAN Lambda, this function is only used if you want to change the bit rate or device ID for that sensor.  As soon as it finds the device you just click apply/ok then do a store and it should be away.  Attach your map and I will have a quick look that no other setting is preventing it from working.

I've not managed to upload the map but I had a look at the Lambda settings under Lamda 1 and it gets to the Lambda Calibrating then throws fault code 2 which says internal error and about every 5 seconds it throws code 26 which is the battery under voltage so I'll have to have another look at the power supply but could the power supply also cause the 2 fault code the internal error?

Yes, most likely I would say power supply.  Make sure the wires and power source/fuse/relay etc is capable of 8A.  I would also suggest you avoid really noisy power sources such as the idle valve or ignition coils +12v as we have seen that upset them also.

I’ll look at the power supply again but it’s definitely capable of 8a, I’ve routed the can cables, shielded twisted pair around the engine bay away from ignition wires etc, I have noticed that the can doesn’t save, ie every time I switch it on I have to set up the can again even though it was found and saved last time?