a/c compressor control question

Guest |592|

Guest |592|

the factory a/c is still installed and working in my 1977 datsun 280z.i want the v44 to speed up the idle when the compressor is on.there is a wire from the control switches to a relay that controls the compressor.can i tap into that or does the v44 have to control the compressor relay?

Vipec can "idle up" by tapping one of the Digital inputs to the compressor wire or relay wire. You need to determine if its a high or low signal and assign that particular Digital Input as air-con request. You then tune the idle accordingly.

The a/c compressor aux o/p need not be connected or assigned.

Guest |592|

i should have read the older posts on this forum but i figured out why you would use the vipec to control the compressor-to disconnect the compressor clutch at wot throttle.all late model cars are wired this way .usually you only go wot on a freeway on ramp or to pass.the a/c compressor dropping out would not be noticed in a/c vent temp.plus you get a few more hp when you need it.in an engine that makes alot of rpm you probably wouldnt want to rev the a/c compressor that high.