Idle Status

lostsoul

Also ... checked the Idle Status while in 1st gear at about 23kph. Attached is a screen shot of the log and Idle control settings.  Does this look right ?

I am trying to track down why at low speed and light throttle the car can become very "jerky"

Idle.PNG

No, Idle status doesnt look right there?, normally it would have a descriptive word, not a number value like your screenshot shows.  Can you attach the map and log.  Most likely the "jerky" is ignition timing related but I'd still like to see the log to work out what that idle status is showing..

Can you update to the latest firmware, you definitely have something odd going on with you idle status.  I dont think it is causing a problem but with it reporting wrong it makes it more difficult to see what is going on.

Updated the firmware and smoothed out the ignition table in the idle to light throttle/low speed areas.

The jerking issue has all but gone away :-)

Attached is a screen shot of an area of a log showing both off idle and idle. Still looking odd ... but doesn't seem to be effecting anything.5acb27a373649_Idlestatusissue.thumb.PNG.e240319461f0b7049fe004563bfa8014.PNG

There is another issue which could be quite serious ... something going on with the recording of the "knock" levels. Screen shot attached.

5acb289fdb260_KnockIssue.thumb.PNG.ba5ce1e1c15645921c343ff704c2312e.PNG

Yeah something weird going on still.  Idle status should only be recorded as a number between 0 & 24, and it would normally be in square steps, yours is going up to 250 in some random pattern.  Can you go to help>about and tell me what version PC Link you are running.

Nigel, can you email me the logs and map that those screenshots above were taken from.  Im particularly worried about the knock control flat lining, I have had something similar reported once before but couldnt find the reason, with your data it may be helpful.  I will pass it on to engineering to take a look.