ST185 1zz Coil + Bosch ev14 1000cc injector query

DO1023

Hi,

I'm having some issues getting my car running here and I was curious as to if any of you guys would have any insight. I was told to do a flat 2ms dwell for the coils as they typically don't like more than 2ms or they'll get too hot ( already killed my #1 coil multiple times - this is the only coil that gets hot. )

The COP harness I have has a common ground on the head, common power wired up to an ecu switched power. Coils are fired via the 4 pin ignition expansion connection on the ecu board. There is also a wiere ( I'm assuming a trigger ) going into the stock Igniter plug at one pin and another wire looped from one of those pins to another. This was a pnp kit purchased for this specific application.

Additionally I'm having some issues with settings for these Bosch EV14 1000cc Injectors. No deadtime values or anything came with them. I was instructed to use Link's Multi Fuel map as a model for my injector settings.

Can anyone suggest any remedies for my issue? The car does cough and backfire but definitely does not fully fire and run.

thanks!

Daniel_ev14_1000_1zz.pclr

5 hours ago, DO1023 said:

Additionally I'm having some issues with settings for these Bosch EV14 1000cc Injectors. No deadtime values or anything came with them. I was instructed to use Link's Multi Fuel map as a model for my injector settings.

Sorry, I think you got a bum steer there.  The correct settings for the 1000cc EV14 injectors that we sell are in the base map labelled "G4+ Storm Black Sample.pclr".  Copy the deadtimes, SPWA & flowrate data out of that (note you can copy paste whole tables).

I have run some 1ZZ coils on a race car for several seasons with the dwell times below without any drama:

9xGbbBT.png

I know the 1ZZ has a couple of variations of trigger patterns so for the starting issue lets first do a triggerscope to check that matches.  Please do a triggerscope, save as log and attach here.

To give some insight as to how my coils are wired -

Each coil has it's IGT going to the ignition expansion on the board. 1 to 1, 2 to 2, etc.

The power for each coil is going to the OEM igniter connector ( pin 3 below )

There is a wiring bridging from pin 2 to pin 4.. which I'm assuming is for the tachometer.

What confuses me is that the 20th pin on ECU plug B that's talked about below is also considered Ign1. But... there's an Ign1 on the ignition expansion and that's where my #1 coil's trigger is wired to.

The coils are commonly grounded on the head.

1 White/Red to ECU plug B 3rd spot (IBF)
2 White/White to ECU plug B 20th spot (IGT)
3 Black/Red to Ignition Main Relay (12+)
4 Black/Black to Tachometer
5 Black/White to Ignition coil and check connector (Diagnostic port) )

Additionally through an ignition test, I've discovered that the first coil will not fire.

Here's another thing I have a discrepancy with.

In the help section for the ignition expansion connector for my ecu, this is what I see. (first image ).

What exactly is the bottom row of text stating? Ignition 1 goes to 1, Ignition 2 goes to 2, ignition 4 goes to pin 3 and ignition 3 goes to pin 4? I don't think this would explain why Cylinder 1 won't fire and that coil keeps getting hot but this could be a start. I will note, that coils 2,3 and 4 all fire when I perform an ignition test.

The second image is whats printed on my board and that's how each cylinder's IGT is wired.

ignscreen.png

30176441_10214588835382157_882187754_o.jpg

Hi 

Expansion ignition plug is as per on the board markings. Typo is in the manual/help file (The proof of this will be to run ignition test Ign 1 should fire coil 1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4)

Ignition 1 is wired to both the main header and the expansion connector make sure you only have a connection on one pin. (remove factory wire from main header)

Trigger wise you look to be using the stock 3SGTE CAS which should be set as Multi tooth. This set up will be the same as for the 185 or 205 but you might have to move the offset as this could be incorrect. (distributor application have 4 offsets that will work) 

• 7 months later...
On 4/11/2018 at 7:01 AM, Adamw said:

Sorry, I think you got a bum steer there.  The correct settings for the 1000cc EV14 injectors that we sell are in the base map labelled "G4+ Storm Black Sample.pclr".  Copy the deadtimes, SPWA & flowrate data out of that (note you can copy paste whole tables).

I have run some 1ZZ coils on a race car for several seasons with the dwell times below without any drama:

9xGbbBT.png

I know the 1ZZ has a couple of variations of trigger patterns so for the starting issue lets first do a triggerscope to check that matches.  Please do a triggerscope, save as log and attach here.

I am also using Ev14 Bosch motorsport 980cc @ 3 bar Basic Fuel Pressure  with part number 0 280 158 040 , will the deadtimes table and  short pulse width adder tables in the base map labelled "G4+ Storm Black Sample.pclr" work for these injectors ? Thanks in advance ! Mike.

20181120_111437.jpg

12 hours ago, jmcpower said:

I am also using Ev14 Bosch motorsport 980cc @ 3 bar Basic Fuel Pressure  with part number 0 280 158 040 , will the deadtimes table and  short pulse width adder tables in the base map labelled "G4+ Storm Black Sample.pclr" work for these injectors ?

Yes that is the exact injector we sell.