Shift logestic for air controlled gearbox

Peter Andersson

Hi , Im planing to let the Ecu controll my Weisman 4 speed Hayabusa gearbox

using Aux 1- 4 for gears and Nr 5 as reset

Doing that by add each output a resistor that gives different voltage read by analog in ( pullup )  ( gearpossition )

Is there a better way to do this? without the  resistor  ( intarnally )

Regards Peter

8 hours ago, Peter Andersson said:

Hi , Im planing to let the Ecu controll my Weisman 4 speed Hayabusa gearbox

using Aux 1- 4 for gears and Nr 5 as reset

Doing that by add each output a resistor that gives different voltage read by analog in ( pullup )  ( gearpossition )

Is there a better way to do this? without the  resistor  ( intarnally )

Regards Peter

Doesnt this gearbox have a gear position sensor?  Could use ECU gear detection or do you run a slipper clutch?

This is the sequense that has to be created

1st gear to 4th gear same button , 5th solenoid is Reset solenoid and its the upper button. one more push and it reset so 1st gear can be engaged again

On 2018-04-15 at 5:22 AM, Adamw said:

Doesnt this gearbox have a gear position sensor?  Could use ECU gear detection or do you run a slipper clutch?

A sort of slipper clutch Is used so gear detection will not work well. Stock Hayabusa has gear position sensor but not this transmission , it doesnt use shiftforks

Hi Peter, sorry for my slow reply, your post disappeared off the first page quickly so I forgot about you.

I think in this case your only option is the resistor network connected to each aux as you suggested.  I cant think of any way to do this logic inside the ECU. 

Even the resistor option is going to take some head scratching to get it to work I think.  

Edit:  It seems like it is called a "weighted resistor DAC":  https://myclassbook.org/weighted-resistor-dac-operation/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi . The shift works now when I added the Dyna shift counter. The shift counter is all 12v+ operated wich makes it a bit unstable , The digital in channels reads 12volt

But i have discovered that water ( moist ) in the connectors makes the aux out go on and off irattionaly. Thats very bad for the gearbox

Would it be possible in the future for you guys to make that funktion in the software?

To have the counter internal and be able to controll outputs with one button

Regards Peter

https://www.facebook.com/christian.carlsson.96/videos/10155506925092108/

Video from this weekends race

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 8:41 AM, Peter Andersson said:

Would it be possible in the future for you guys to make that funktion in the software?

I can add it to the wish list but so far it appears you are the only user that has ever asked for it so it is a long way down...  Im not sure I see it being useful for anything else except this specific gearbox.