Jump to content
martinrag

Audi S3 cruise control

Recommended Posts

Hello 

 

I would like to wire in the original cruise in my car (2000 model S3). I had this retrofitted while on the original Motronic and worked like a charm. what inputs/outputs in the i88 would you recommend me using? 

 

The stalk is an original Audi piece with, ON/OFF, RES/increase speed (+), SET/decrease speed (-). 

Back when I had it installed, I used pin# 38, 57, 75 and 76 in the motronic. 

 

PS. I do not know which pin# in the ecu goes to what function on the stalk... is this essential for the wire-in? 

 

Thank you for any answers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, martinrag said:

Back when I had it installed, I used pin# 38, 57, 75 and 76 in the motronic. 

None of those pins are connected to any input on our ECU.  

I would guess one of those wires will be a common and the others will be the 3 signals, so you will at least need to find which one is the common, you would then connect this to ground (pin 27).  The others need to be connected to digital inputs but spare DI's are a bit thin on this ecu.  DI8 is free on pin 67.  DI9 is free on pin 112.  For the last one I would probably use DI2 or 3 since you dont need two brake switches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Adamw said:

None of those pins are connected to any input on our ECU.  

I would guess one of those wires will be a common and the others will be the 3 signals, so you will at least need to find which one is the common, you would then connect this to ground (pin 27).  The others need to be connected to digital inputs but spare DI's are a bit thin on this ecu.  DI8 is free on pin 67.  DI9 is free on pin 112.  For the last one I would probably use DI2 or 3 since you dont need two brake switches.

Thank you for the quick response. I see now that I've made the thread under G4+, but I am using a vipec i88 wire-in. This should have been made under vipec i-series I assume... 

 

I will try to source the different signals and pin them to my ECU. And then I can set the DI's to do what the button's on the stalk do, in PC Link? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, martinrag said:

And then I can set the DI's to do what the button's on the stalk do, in PC Link?

Correct, just set them up as "GP Inputs" initally, then press each button while watching the DI Runtimes status so you know which button is connected to which DI.  Then you can re-assign each DI to the correct function.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×