PC link - Windows CE based double din radio

Nick

Hey guys so looking at options to display in my car, its running a link G4+ extreme and ive been looking at the windows based double din radios.

The car from factory runs double din so thinking it would be a tidy option as a display rather than having a tablet kicking around (street/track car)

The radios run on windows CE which from what i understand is a mobile/small system platform, could there be a chance that this will run PC link?

Link to a example of said radios

https://www.ebay.com/itm/7-GPS-Navi-Windows-CE-6-0-Double-2Din-Car-Auto-Stereo-DVD-Player-Radio-Ipod-BT/132309488046?hash=item1ece4291ae:g:RRYAAOSwVJhZVFbQ

Thanks very much

Nick

No chance, closest you could get is if there's a WinCE OBD2 app out there you could hack into the headunit's OS, then configure the G4+ to output OBD2 and devise a way to get the ECU output into the headunit.

An easier way would be one of the many double din Andriod headunits, as then you could run Torque on it and with a Bluetooth dongle on the headunit and a Bluetooth OBD2 transceiver, get it all talking

There are plenty of off-the-shelf CAN displays out there. Have you looked at these? Not cheap but will do what you want. 

They aren’t cheap because of the design and R&D work they have had to put into each product but will do what u want without hacking tablets etc 

I was looking into this audio head unit option as it was likely a all in one solution, car audio plus ecu display.

The option may be as you've said to install a display unit in the spot of the car audio head unit.

Just was hoping to have my cake and eat it. Hopefully link jump on the bandwagon of some other the other ecu platforms available and make pc link usable in other platforms and apps