REVNURAZR

2005 WRX STI XS Loom Wiring Questions

Hey guys,

First time I'm attempting wiring inputs and switches into my ECU so i just have a few questions to ensure I'm on the right track..

I have a Link G4 and I've purchased the XS loom for some additional inputs.

I have 2 switches - Antilag and Rotational Idle.

From what I have read I can switch those to ground and into the 2 digital inputs I have on the XS loom - DI 7 & 8? Then just assign the input to each switch - Antilag arming etc then TP % and RPM to engage.

I will also be running a Link MAP4 sensor - so can I just power this from the 5V out and ground on the XS loom then use one of the Analogue (AN Volt 6 for example) inputs for the 0-5V signal back from the MAP sensor?

I also have an IAT sensor - on my previous STi this was tapped into the intercooler and was spliced into my oem MAF wiring - can I simply do the same on this one - sensor ground and MAF signal wire going back to the ECU?

I am also considering running a flex fuel setup and was going to use a generic GM flex sensor which I believe are 12V?

Use a switched 12V to power it, ground it on the XS sensor ground and then the output from the sensor needs to be wired into a Digital Input?

Do I need to ditch one of my switches and free up a DI or is there a way to wire the flex fuel sensor into an analogue input?

Many Thanks :)

image.thumb.png.1f852feacde6e0b44212a785331ffc5b.png

Can you confirm if this is a G4 or G4+.   If it is a G4 only DI1-6 could be used for the flex so we might have to shuffle a couple of wires around.  I will answer the rest of your question once you confirm that.

5 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Can you confirm if this is a G4 or G4+.   If it is a G4 only DI1-6 could be used for the flex so we might have to shuffle a couple of wires around.  I will answer the rest of your question once you confirm that.

100% a G4, I've had it for the last 2 years. it was originally installed in my 02 STI. 

Also had a look RE Flex fuel and the Zeitronix kit had 2 Analogue outputs for fuel % and temperature, so I will just grab one of those :)

The G4 cant take Ethanol content via an analog input either - only DI1-6.  DI6 is not really needed (only used for start position), so you can connect a flex sensor to that - just a matter of sniping one wire.

All your other proposals are fine.  IAT can go to the IAT wire in the MAF connector - there is a suitable ground in that connector too.

MAP signal can go to any AN Volt.

Switches to the DI's and the other side of the switch can go to ground.

On 4/26/2018 at 2:23 PM, Adamw said:

The G4 cant take Ethanol content via an analog input either - only DI1-6.  DI6 is not really needed (only used for start position), so you can connect a flex sensor to that - just a matter of sniping one wire.

All your other proposals are fine.  IAT can go to the IAT wire in the MAF connector - there is a suitable ground in that connector too.

MAP signal can go to any AN Volt.

Switches to the DI's and the other side of the switch can go to ground.

Thanks for the clarification Adam! 

I removed the ECU from its housing when I got home tonight and it turns out I was mistaken. It is, in fact a G4+. 

Can this accept an analogue signal for flex fuel sensor? 

20180427_235535.jpg

20180427_235605.jpg

On the G4+ DI7 & 8 can also be used for flex sensor so it is a bit more flexible than the G4.  You can input it using an analog input and a custom cal but a DI is better as you get both eth% and eth temp through the one input.